What's new

Kava, LCHF, Health, Weight, Exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steph

Kava Enthusiast
@dino9832 > Sheldon Cooper, undisputed fact.
@Steph Yes and no. I really appreciate your input. It would be easy to respond in a defensive way, I guess. But I don't think you wish me harm lol. Since I moved out from my mom's, I've mostly been cooking from scratch. Cooking is a passion, it's my therapy, I just love it.
I'm not dieting just to lose weight. It's about taking charge of my body and my health. I love vegetables and I love fruit, I'm looking forward to have more of that in the months to come.
@Todd Graves Haha, love what you said about the kids having a hard time keeping up with you. If I'm lucky I'll be like that at 45.
SMOOTHIES! I love them! I make a smoothie of avocado and those ripe yellow mangos (when they're in season) AWESOME.
I had one not to long ago, raspberries, kale, coconut oil, macadamias and water.
Technology is there and I'm putting it to use. If I was to write all the calories, macros etc down, I would not be working in the psych ward, I would live there, pretty soon.
I'm not even a month in and I feel great! It's like getting myself back. I feel in charge. I've sat goals and made plans and really believe in myself. One year ago, I was a shadow of myself. This year, I want to shine. I'm so motivated. A lot of people go on a diet. I've done that before as well. I think I will call it my plan from now on. Yes, I'm following my plan.
I apologize, I did not want to put you on the defensive. :(

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
So,
Wifey and I are off the wagon.
Pasta, pastry, bread..
We've noticed increased irritability, trouble concentrating and frequent movements of the bowels. I'm staying within my calorie budget, I think, but remaining physically active is more of a chore. This tells me we were on to something, cutting down on the carbs. I never really bought that until now. Getting back on it next week, as a good few of you know we're going to the German Tropics this weekend.

The kava situation:
I'm enjoying life right now, really feel privileged to have That Squanch Juice, That Black Gold, Kalm's Loa Waka, GHK MOI, PAPA KEA, HANAKAPI AI and HIWA on hand.
HIWA is soo good btw.
In fact, I'm turning in to a GHK fan boy. All, and mean all, of the GHK kavas are mild in taste and strong in effect. @Kavasseur frothy kavas? Never had a kava as frothy as the ones from @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava !
I'll try to remember uploading a pic when I'm home. Insanely frothy. Looking like frog eggs in a pond.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Thirty minutes is the maximum return on your exercise from what I've heard. I also don't eat any meat except the occasional fish. I made the mistake of watching the video "Earthlings." :'( Pope Francis points out:
it depends entirely on what one is doing...if your goal is to compete in a powerlifting meet, yeah, doing 30+ minutes of big compound lifts is probably not only not helpful but a bad idea. For marathon training or just "long, slow distance" cardio (which, despite being extremely boring, is quite good for the cardiovascular system) one could go longer than 30 minutes and still achieve beneficial adaptations.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
@Capitán Bastos I hear you. I quit drinking last year and replaced it with ice cream. Better for my mental health and strength training but I've finally hit the point where I'm like okay, time to start eating like a grown up again.

dino9832

Kava Enthusiast
it depends entirely on what one is doing...if your goal is to compete in a powerlifting meet, yeah, doing 30+ minutes of big compound lifts is probably not only not helpful but a bad idea. For marathon training or just "long, slow distance" cardio (which, despite being extremely boring, is quite good for the cardiovascular system) one could go longer than 30 minutes and still achieve beneficial adaptations.
Good point! I should have specified 30 minutes of cardio for weight loss and general cardio health. Even more specific is aerobic cardio. I personally do over an hour of aerobic with bursts of anaerobic cardio.

I found an example of how to know you're in the aerobic phase:
  • Your breathing quickens, but you're not out of breath.
  • You develop a light sweat after about 10 minutes of activity.
  • You can carry on a conversation, but you can't sing.
Anaerobic is more like:
  • Your breathing is deep and rapid.
  • You develop a sweat after a few minutes of activity.
  • You can't say more than a few words without pausing for breath.

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
@Capitán Bastos

I started a Keto diet a week ago and feel fantastic. Read the Faq, Keto Calculator and the many posts over there on eating a Keto diet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/new/

Hope this helps
It helps. I did use the calculator to get my macros and I did see results in my four weeks or so. I'm getting back on track come next week. Also getting my rowing machine, looking forward to that. I've not gone all crazy after carbs though, I've heard stories of people going bananas when they slip off the keto diet. Actually I notice a significant improvement in terms of impulse control and cravings. Just compared to how I felt while in ketosis compared to now, makes me want to get back on track. Also I'm confident it's more than doable. That's the thing, it doesn't feel like this giant leap , more like stepping back in after a break.

dino9832

Kava Enthusiast
So,
Wifey and I are off the wagon.
Pasta, pastry, bread..
We've noticed increased irritability, trouble concentrating and frequent movements of the bowels. I'm staying within my calorie budget, I think, but remaining physically active is more of a chore. This tells me we were on to something, cutting down on the carbs. I never really bought that until now. Getting back on it next week, as a good few of you know we're going to the German Tropics this weekend.....
I LOVE Top Ramen oriental noodles! When I was younger, I literally lived off those things..lol. After changing my diet to clean whole foods, I tried oriental noodles again. It was an act of desperation. Hungry, rushed, and needing something quick. Dude! Within 15 minutes my stomach started doing back flips. After 30 minutes, I was pouring water down my throat and it was blowing out the other end! :eek: I figured it was coincidence. Months later, I ate them again..lol. Boom! Instant colon flush!
I'm thinking "OMG! I've ruined myself! I've broken my digestive system!" Yeah, I can't eat oriental noodles anymore. :( But broken? Maybe broken was being able to eat that stuff in the first place!

Some day...I'm going to do it again..lol. Just an experiment to verify it's the noodles. I'm pretty sure it is though. I use soy sauce with no issues. I've even eaten things with MSG. I'm not sure what the secret ingredient is in Top Ramen. Probably Ex Lax!

Status
Not open for further replies.