What's new

Medicinal Usage Kava, mortality and death metal

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
@AZcat Foods high in vitamin K can thin the blood quite well too. You might already know this. I'm not sure which would be best for your current situation. I did this when pregnant with my second son since I myself am prone to blood clots but wanted to avoid blood thinners. The doctors didn't like it because you can't measure everything that's happening like you can with medicine. I used cod liver oil, stinging nettle infusions, lots of garlic and ginger and dark leafy greens in my meals such as collard greens. We live in the same area. I'm happy to bring you some soup or a different meal if you tell me of any dietary restrictions that you have.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Well, finished the 2 month course of radiation a couple of weeks ago. Still "hot" as it takes a few weeks for the radiation to cool down and for one to recover. Radiation was OK. The place was good, that helped. I had to have a full bladder, so as to lessen the likelihood of harm, so I drank a 500 ml shell of grog and often had a candy or two during the 15 - 20 minutes or so. I increased my fitness activity by about 20 - 21 % and after each session I would get off the table and do pushups, more each time, and then run off and go pee. On my last session I did 51. Kava has made a huge difference in making this all bearable, fun, even. I am very very grateful kava found me.

It was a weird 2.5 months. No fruits or vegetables, no whole grains, no fat or fibre. No hot showers. I had to grow a beard, gone now. Had a warm shower today. Nice. You folks are spoiled. Thank God I still had kava to look forward to, every morning, every day, every evening.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Finally pretty much over recovery from the radiation. So, it's been a strange 15 months, just bopping along, everything copacetic then whammo! But like anything else you ever have to get through in life, just putting your head down, start at one end, work your way methodically to the other, and then it poops you out. Well, I'm pooped out now. Either cured or not cured, but no longer the chaos of so many appointments, tests, slicing and dicing and frying and whatever. All over now. It either worked or it didn't. It'll dog me to the end of my days but that might be a year from now or 30 years from now. I already beat the odds to be where I am, which is fine, feeling pretty good. I can do pretty much everything I could before except spoodge, which I probably did enough of. I have been castrated (chemically) but it's way less of a deal than I ever imagined and changes almost nothing. Hope it works against the cancer, anyway. My hair is coming back in. I didn't lose hair in radiation (except my pubic hair, because that's where the radiation was) but where I was bald on my head it's now growing in with soft, black, curly/wavy hair and I imagine by Christmas I will have a full head of black hair, despite being bald and gray since the 1980s.

As for castration, and having a prostate removed, here's all the answers a person might be afraid to ask for. I do not suffer urinary or fecal incontinence, though both are the rule rather than the exception for the surgeries and radiation (I had a couple of hot nodes near the upper colon that got zapped and often means diapers. Got lucky. So, I do not wear diapers or pads. I can still pop boners and enjoy sex and have orgasms. I still have a libido and sex drive but no longer have unwanted thoughts about sex intrude and distract, the way it did about every 17 seconds for the previous 50 years. Instead I just get the sexthoughts headrush only in appropriate times and situations. In some ways this is more a blessing than a curse, and one I can live with. It's just as strong as ever, but confined to where it belongs. A lot of these outcomes, which are not typical, can be attribute to me being relatively young, having good medical care (and insurance), and being normal weight and in decent shape. The weight I attribute to kava. Heck, I couldn't even have had the surgery if I'd not been normal weight. Some, of course, is due to me being relatively young. And of course, good luck is a factor. I am medically non-gendered now, but that means nothing. I'm as gendered as anyone else, I just don't have any testosterone, having gone from way off the charts high back in Dec to nonexistent today. I never at any point suffered from anxiety nor depression during the treatments, which makes me fairly rare, as well. And though I did occasionally get fatigue, it was only in little waves, lasting at most a few hours but usually as little as a few minutes. I just sit down, breather deep and wait for it to pass, usually takes a few minutes.

I give kava a lot of credit here. First it dropped my weight to healthy and made me calm all the time so I rolled with the punches when the news came down. I used kava as a painkiller very effectively, bringing me great relief and keeping me off of drugs I did not want. It was useful to have concentrate and extract and candies for when I had nausea, which was not often. I really don't want to think what the past 15 months would have been like without kava.

Well, anyway, that's it, thread over. Kava wins!

Last edited:

nashfire

Stay Rooted
Thanks for sharing this Krunkie! Glad to see you are done with all that! I only "discovered" the great benefits of kava for myself last March and have only just begun to realize all the benefits. Glad to see kava got you through such a gnarly time! Bula!::kavaleaf::::chugger::::kavaleaf::

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Well, finished the 2 month course of radiation a couple of weeks ago. Still "hot" as it takes a few weeks for the radiation to cool down and for one to recover. Radiation was OK. The place was good, that helped. I had to have a full bladder, so as to lessen the likelihood of harm, so I drank a 500 ml shell of grog and often had a candy or two during the 15 - 20 minutes or so. I increased my fitness activity by about 20 - 21 % and after each session I would get off the table and do pushups, more each time, and then run off and go pee. On my last session I did 51. Kava has made a huge difference in making this all bearable, fun, even. I am very very grateful kava found me.

It was a weird 2.5 months. No fruits or vegetables, no whole grains, no fat or fibre. No hot showers. I had to grow a beard, gone now. Had a warm shower today. Nice. You folks are spoiled. Thank God I still had kava to look forward to, every morning, every day, every evening.
What did you eat if no fiber, fat, or whole grains? I keep guessing meat, but that has fat.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
What did you eat if no fiber, fat, or whole grains? I keep guessing meat, but that has fat.
I also had diet restrictions for gout, which I had at the beginning of radiation, before the CBD cured it. I could eat plain bagels, fat free cream cheese, creamy peanut butter, jelly but no jam, boiled potato, eggs, sweet potato, roasted chicken or ham, a few peas, ramen. That’s about it.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Finally pretty much over recovery from the radiation. So, it's been a strange 15 months, just bopping along, everything copacetic then whammo! But like anything else you ever have to get through in life, just putting your head down, start at one end, work your way methodically to the other, and then it poops you out. Well, I'm pooped out now. Either cured or not cured, but no longer the chaos of so many appointments, tests, slicing and dicing and frying and whatever. All over now. It either worked or it didn't. It'll dog me to the end of my days but that might be a year from now or 30 years from now. I already beat the odds to be where I am, which is fine, feeling pretty good. I can do pretty much everything I could before except spoodge, which I probably did enough of. I have been castrated (chemically) but it's way less of a deal than I ever imagined and changes almost nothing. Hope it works against the cancer, anyway. My hair is coming back in. I didn't lose hair in radiation (except my pubic hair, because that's where the radiation was) but where I was bald on my head it's now growing in with soft, black, curly/wavy hair and I imagine by Christmas I will have a full head of black hair, despite being bald and gray since the 1980s.

As for castration, and having a prostate removed, here's all the answers a person might be afraid to ask for. I do not suffer urinary or fecal incontinence, though both are the rule rather than the exception for the surgeries and radiation (I had a couple of hot nodes near the upper colon that got zapped and often means diapers. Got lucky. So, I do not wear diapers or pads. I can still pop boners and enjoy sex and have orgasms. I still have a libido and sex drive but no longer have unwanted thoughts about sex intrude and distract, the way it did about every 17 seconds for the previous 50 years. Instead I just get the sexthoughts headrush only in appropriate times and situations. In some ways this is more a blessing than a curse, and one I can live with. It's just as strong as ever, but confined to where it belongs. A lot of these outcomes, which are not typical, can be attribute to me being relatively young, having good medical care (and insurance), and being normal weight and in decent shape. The weight I attribute to kava. Heck, I couldn't even have had the surgery if I'd not been normal weight. Some, of course, is due to me being relatively young. And of course, good luck is a factor. I am medically non-gendered now, but that means nothing. I'm as gendered as anyone else, I just don't have any testosterone, having gone from way off the charts high back in Dec to nonexistent today. I never at any point suffered from anxiety nor depression during the treatments, which makes me fairly rare, as well. And though I did occasionally get fatigue, it was only in little waves, lasting at most a few hours but usually as little as a few minutes. I just sit down, breather deep and wait for it to pass, usually takes a few minutes.

I give kava a lot of credit here. First it dropped my weight to healthy and made me calm all the time so I rolled with the punches when the news came down. I used kava as a painkiller very effectively, bringing me great relief and keeping me off of drugs I did not want. It was useful to have concentrate and extract and candies for when I had nausea, which was not often. I really don't want to think what the past 15 months would have been like without kava.

Well, anyway, that's it, thread over. Kava wins!
Your strength and resolve are an inspiration to all who must face their own mortality before they are ready. Fingers crossed that you will be drinking kava with us for many years to come.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Test results this week show no sign of either cancer in my body. I still take daily chemo indefinitely but that's my only treatment now. Retest in 3 months and hope for the same results. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Guess I got lucky and we can close the thread. Shells all around. Much thanks to kava for getting me through this.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Test results this week show no sign of either cancer in my body. I still take daily chemo indefinitely but that's my only treatment now. Retest in 3 months and hope for the same results. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Guess I got lucky and we can close the thread. Shells all around. Much thanks to kava for getting me through this.
Oh, that's the best kind of news. Thank you for letting us know. I think about your situation very regularly and to hear it's getting brighter is a great breath of fresh air.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Oh, that's the best kind of news. Thank you for letting us know. I think about your situation very regularly and to hear it's getting brighter is a great breath of fresh air.
There's always the threat it can come back but for now it looks good to go. I will still be recovering from the radiation for a while, maybe even a couple more years, and the daily chemo is indefinite. Other than that, I've gone through the crusher and come out the other end, more or less in one piece. Now I just sort of pick up where I left off two years ago, I guess. Dunno, never done this before. I'll figure it out. Thank goodness for kava.