Change background image

Kava Recipe Kava on the rocks

Discussion in 'Kava Lounge' started by Piper Methysticum, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Piper Methysticum

Piper Methysticum Let Kava Take The Wheel

For the last 3 nights I've added lots of ice to my Kava shell and does that ever make it easier to get down. I don't need a chaser when I do this.
  2. kavadude

kavadude ❦ॐ tanuki tamer

I always throw some ice chips in my big cup (I drink kava out of a giant cup) when I start making it. By the time I'm done it's all melted and nice and cold.
    Piper Methysticum likes this.
  3. KavaGurl

KavaGurl The Original Kava Forum Mama

Annnd wouldn't ya know it...not a damn ice cube in the house! o_O
  4. Piper Methysticum

It's a whole different experience when it's cold- sticking it in the freezer for 15 minutes or so works well too.
  5. infraredz

infraredz BULA!

I definitely concur. I always drink it cold (haven't tried ice cubes, just the fridge/freezer).

I worry I would choke on a half melted ice cube because I chug my bowl down as fast as possible :D
    KavaGurl and Piper Methysticum like this.
  6. KavaGurl

I do usually have it chilled in the fridge for a few hours before I even get to it..Always have my batches prepared in constant rotation. I'm usually finishing up one batch so that I can squeeze another.:oops: Is that bad? lol Anyhoo, icing it may be even better..:D
    kavadude likes this.
  7. infraredz

infraredz BULA!

That's pretty much what I do. I drink it in the evening, then prepare my kava for the next day and let it sit overnight in the fridge.

When I end up pouring out the kava to strain it, sometimes it's so cold that I need to take a break because my hands get too cold :oops:
  8. Vekta

Vekta Notorious Lightweight Review Maestro

Tried it...wasn't a fan. I make it with whatever water is on hand, room temperature bottled water or bottled water from the fridge. Either one is fine with me.
  9. kavadude

kavadude ❦ॐ tanuki tamer

No, that's pretty smart...I make it every night and drink it immediately, I'm too impatient to chill it in the fridge.
    KavaGurl likes this.
  10. Kapmcrunk

Kapmcrunk The Kaptain of Crunk KavaForums Founder

@KavaGurl Same process here, except just one batch per day. I've found placing it further down the shelves in the fridge cools it off faster than the top shelf. I got impatient a few nights and put it in the freezer....and promptly forgot about it. Kava ice is hard to drink.
    KavaGurl likes this.
  11. KavaGurl

*waves* Hi my name is KavaGurl..and I'm a kavaholic...LOL...just kidding

Stop giving me the eye @Vekta:p
    kavadude likes this.
  12. Ed!

Ed! Kava Enthusiast

I wish I could make a batch ahead, but if I make it I'm pretty sure I'm going to drink it.

I also add ice though. You guys will probably find this blasphemous but I pour my kava into an ice filled cup even after it's been chilled and drink it up with a straw.
    infraredz likes this.
  13. Kapmcrunk

Kapmcrunk The Kaptain of Crunk KavaForums Founder

Blasphemy!

Actually sounds like a good idea. I'd have to have one of those "BK Pipe" straws with the half inch inside diameter though. I'd hate to find it getting thicker as I drank. I remember that one guy who tried it like Mate with the bombilla which turned out not so good.
    KavaGurl likes this.
  14. Dan

Dan Kava Enthusiast

Same, though I figured I was the only one who preferred room temp. The shock of cold brew hitting my throat always makes me gag a little.
  15. Piper Methysticum

Great minds think a like. Same sorta thing as frozen fruit- for whatever reason it's just better chilled- maybe it numbs the taste buds so you don't taste it as much. Right now for me w/o ice means Kava in 1 hand chaser in the other.
  16. kavadude

kavadude ❦ॐ tanuki tamer

It absolutely does...the colder something is, the less you perceive the taste. (This is why ice cream has a buttload of sugar in it)