Change background image

Kava popular on Youtube today

Discussion in 'Kava Lounge' started by TidyMinion, Oct 8, 2013.

1. TidyMinion

TidyMinion Kava Padawan

Anyone else see this today? this was from Youtube's front page just a few minutes ago, kava related videos getting a lot of hits. I wonder if a tv special or national news segment aired recently...

upload_2013-10-8_17-46-53.png
  2. Bula Kava House

Bula Kava House Portland, OR Kava Vendor

I think that's just google marketing to you. You must have talked about kava and/or expressed interest on a site that Big Brother is watching. Although it is true that these videos have had quite a few views.
    infraredz likes this.
  3. Akava

Akava Kava Enthusiast

yeah judds right, it bases it on your history
  4. infraredz

infraredz BULA!

Yeah, like Judd said they base it on your Youtube search/viewing history (and from Google too, that might be why they're always trying to get you to "pair" with your gmail account).

Here is the google statistics for "kava":
    Screen shot 2013-10-08 at 5.26.27 PM.png

One thing's for sure, Estonia is really interested in kava!
  5. TidyMinion

TidyMinion Kava Padawan

Oh yeh, i suppose that's it. I couldn't figure out the Arnold impression video but then I realize the guy's name has "David...Brent" in it and i do remember watching a number of Ricky Gervais videos featuring the David Brent character playing guitar or some nonsense. And being that my Google history is rife with Kava searches, it all adds up.

@Bula Kava House does that mean that @BigBrother is watching us right now?! Maybe they're finding how agreeable people can be when drinking kava so they're looking for ways to filter it in to the water supply ;)

@infraredz Nice stats! Interesting how Estonia has almost 2x the amount of "hits" over a place like Fiji where Kava is so prevalent. But then again, could just be explained by limited internet access in Fiji. Or they're too busy drinking kava!