What's new

Kava Preparation Kava prepped using the 1/2gal Mason jar&4 Aluballs.Look ok??

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
So, let's see if I can figure out how to upload the pics. I prepared this earlier this afternoon. It has settled as much as it will. I used the method as per @Krunkie McKrunkface ! I usually use traditional prep, with the strainer bag, etc. I do use Aluballs, though. hence, why I have a plethera to do this at last minute.
IMG_4174.JPG
This looks pretty good but should there be more sediment? Maybe it is because it's such a large jar (8 cups, made 10 but I drank the two that wouldn't fit! :D ). I'm bringing it to work tomorrow. This is KWK Borogu. I hope it's good for stress relief but okay to drink at work. Kava can be amazing! Thanks.
IMG_4173.JPG

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

This is true! I will be having KWK Loa Waka Micro in my tea in about an hour. I cannot say I am done drinking Kava for the night. ;) Just not the medium grind, as too much liquid before bed. If I didn't have to work, well, we all know that would be a different story. :) Bula! Hope this finds you in a krunked state. :D

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
So, let's see if I can figure out how to upload the pics. I prepared this earlier this afternoon. It has settled as much as it will. I used the method as per @Krunkie McKrunkface ! I usually use traditional prep, with the strainer bag, etc. I do use Aluballs, though. hence, why I have a plethera to do this at last minute. View attachment 9466 This looks pretty good but should there be more sediment? Maybe it is because it's such a large jar (8 cups, made 10 but I drank the two that wouldn't fit! :D ). I'm bringing it to work tomorrow. This is KWK Borogu. I hope it's good for stress relief but okay to drink at work. Kava can be amazing! Thanks.
View attachment 9465
looks good to me, just make sure to shake well before pouring. There should be about 1/2 to 1 inch of sediment on the bottom if allowed to sit for a while, so be sure to shake well to redistribute before drinking.

It should still only produce 8 cups of grog if you are using 8 TBS dry grind in 4 AluBalls with 8 cups of water.

Now, when I make wet mongrel grog using 8 cups water I do end up with an extra cup or two but that is because of moisture retained in the makas after even vigorous shaking with the AluBall. And that liquid retained in the makas is very high in KL's IME, which is all the more reason to make mongrel grog from the freezer rather than throw it out. You get KL's you haven't extracted yet but you also get the ones you already extracted but could not get out of the AluBalls. That's the think, it's not one or the other, it's using both, getting the unique benefits from each, AluBall and trad prep, and making them work together to bring out the most.

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

looks good to me, just make sure to shake well before pouring. There should be about 1/2 to 1 inch of sediment on the bottom if allowed to sit for a while, so be sure to shake well to redistribute before drinking.

It should still only produce 8 cups of grog if you are using 8 TBS dry grind in 4 AluBalls with 8 cups of water.

Now, when I make wet mongrel grog using 8 cups water I do end up with an extra cup or two but that is because of moisture retained in the makas after even vigorous shaking with the AluBall. And that liquid retained in the makas is very high in KL's IME, which is all the more reason to make mongrel grog from the freezer rather than throw it out. You get KL's you haven't extracted yet but you also get the ones you already extracted but could not get out of the AluBalls. That's the think, it's not one or the other, it's using both, getting the unique benefits from each, AluBall and trad prep, and making them work together to bring out the most.
Ah! Okay, got it! Thank you SO much for sharing this amazing way of getting two, 8 cup jars (at different times) from the SAME amount of percious kava! The sediment did get thicker over night. I had to shake it REALLY well. It almost caked to the bottom! This method really works! I sipped and enjoyed it all day at work and came home to drink a bit more. I still have plenty for tomorrow's work day! ;) Bula, sir!