What's new

Kava Prepping Bowls. wood, glass, metal all okay?

Buddy Love

Quantum activist in the holographic playground
YEA! getting our first orders today from GHK and KWK.

been reading forums most of the past four days getting myself prepped (pun intended). and have been looking for whether or not Kava is okay to prep in whatever kind of bowls a person has on hand.

Is metal bowl okay to use for this?
thank you for any feedback.

do you have favorite bowls you like to use?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur

been reading forums most of the past four days getting myself prepped (pun intended). and have been looking for whether or not Kava is okay to prep in whatever kind of bowls a person has on hand.

I have used metal, glass and plastic all successfully. Of course the wooden tanoa is traditional. I find it helps to have one big enough so you don't splatter everywhere when you squeeze the bag or, heaven forbid, have grog spill out and lose it.

Buddy Love

Quantum activist in the holographic playground
Thank you, K McK, for assisting in finding how versatile our friend, Kava truly is.

and if this threadneeds to move to the new memeber's sub-forum, feel free. thought that is where i posted it.

Zaphod

Kava Lover

Used them all....my favorite is a large stainless steel bowl for kneading. Mostly because it is just the right size, has deep walls to keep splashing over to a minimum, and is real easy to clean. Kava does have a tendency to stain anything that is even a bit absorbent (like the strainer bags) so if you left it in a plastic bowl I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually stained it but I have not seen any issues with making up small batches and rinsing out after.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Nothing wrong with a metal bowl unless you're a dedicated rastafari keepin' it ital.

A good wooden bowl will absorb kava over time and build up a kavalicious patina, which is kind of fun.