What's new

Kava questions.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Hey all hope all is well, a few questions. I use to take Kava a long time ago for anxiety and found it really helped so decided to give a go again and have some pill form which works ok , but was looking into getting some kava powder to consume the traditional way possibly or for more potent effect.
1. Can I put it in a capsule and get the same effect>
2. Which brand do you find best from taking anxiety from a 9/10 to a 2/3 I know about kava candies but was looking at something to take as more preventative and able to function in the day.
3. How much would one take if say the capsule wouldn't work? a few tbs?

Anyway anymore information I could glean from you I would be most grateful for.

Btw I split open capsules now and put it under my tongue, doesn't taste horrible and sure makes my mouth go numb but the effects kick in faster.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Welcome aboard, Nick!

The problem with putting kava in capsules is that kava root contains a bunch of fiber and other things that can upset your stomach, as well as potentially undesirable compounds. It's important to run your kava through a strainer, or use instant/extract products so this step is already done for you.

Which kava is most effective for anxiety is highly personal. I recommend purchasing either the Bula Kava House or Gourmet Hawaiian Kava sample pack, both excellent places to start and figure out what works best for you. GHK sample pack also has some instant and micronized in it. I recently put some in gelcaps and it worked well.

If you're getting a good effect from some random root pills, I guarantee that traditionally prepared kava will blow your mind.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah, thanks will have to do that for sure. I was actually looking at boroguru since quiet a few have said it helped with anxiety, might try the sample pack and just try 1tsb at a time to see how it does instead of just downing it haha.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Boroguru is my personal favorite, very cost effective. You can't go wrong with any of the vendors here really.