What's new

Kava sensitivity

Notsob617

Bow hunter and dog lover
I was wondering if anybody was as sensitive to kava as i am, i got half a lb. of borongoru from KWK and i added 1 tablespoon to about 12oz of water, i took only 2 sips of it and after about 5 mins i was buzzing like i drank a few beers, anybody else this sensitive? Usually im hearing people drinking far more than i would need, like in the 3 to 4 tablespoon range in one sitting.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I was wondering if anybody was as sensitive to kava as i am, i got half a lb. of borongoru from KWK and i added 1 tablespoon to about 12oz of water, i took only 2 sips of it and after about 5 mins i was buzzing like i drank a few beers, anybody else this sensitive? Usually im hearing people drinking far more than i would need, like in the 3 to 4 tablespoon range in one sitting.
Was this a microgind? Even then I don't think 2 sips from 12oz mixed is enough KL to really effect you....are you sure it wasn't the beers or other medication?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Over the years, I've seen a lot of newcomers who appear to be so sensitive to kava that 3 or 4 tablespoons will give them a full, satisfying experience. But you, you might be the most ridiculous example of this sensitivity yet. Feeling noteable effects from a few sips of a 1 Tbsp batch almost has me worried for you. It sounds like a blessing in a way, but on the other hand, we don't know how safe kava is for people with genetics as rare as yours.

For reference, I easily drink 8-12 Tbsp batches in one sitting every night. That creates a beverage fairly close to the strength that gets consumed every evening in Vanuatu. I can only imagine that one fresh shell of kava in Vanuatu would have you sleeping for a week.
::chugger:::dead:

Last edited:

Notsob617

Bow hunter and dog lover
I am a type 1 diabetic i dont know if that would have anything to do with it, and i was thinking the same exact thing if i drank anymore it would have been anything but pleasurable, and this was medium grind kava.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Over the years, I've seen a lot of newcomers who appear to be so sensitive to kava that 3 or 4 tablespoons will give them a full, satisfying experience. But you, you might be the most ridiculous example of this sensitivity yet. Feeling noteable effects from a few sips of a 1 Tbsp batch almost has me worried for you. It sounds like blessing in a way, but on the other hand, we don't know how safe kava is for people with genetics as rare as yours.

For reference, I easily drink 8-12 Tbsp batches in one sitting every night. That creates a beverage fairly close to the strength that gets consumed every evening in Vanuatu. I can only imagine that one fresh shell of kava in Vanuatu would have you sleeping for a week.
::chugger:::dead:
I can shake up two Aluballs with 3 TBS of VanuWAKA in two washes to make a litre of grog strong enough to really throw me into very happy kava land

I think a lot depends on the grind, how you make it, when and how you drink it....

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Ok. Im not as sensitive as you. But ONE tbsp of medium grind or tsp of micro will do me for an hour. One more and im generally done. It doesnt wipe me out but the thought of a third only creeps in a few hours later maybe after my evening meal. A third spoon too soon goes passed chill to edgy. So i think im quite sensitive to it. I can definitley feel the first sip , and half a cup of grog
Will have an effect.