What's new

KAVA shipped to the UK. HELP!

SmokinJoe93

Kava Curious
I want to buy micronized Kava (preferably the Pouni Ono from KWK). I live in the UK and went to order from KWK but I received an email from KWK saying I need to get the product sent to an American address then get it sent to my address in the UK.

I have had a quick look and the shipping prices are absolutely ridiculous. I refuse to pay for ANYTHING that shipping is more expensive than the item itself especially when I could be waiting a couple of weeks for the item to arrive. It’s just not practical for me and I can’t afford it.

Are there any trusted vendors out there that can ship direct to the UK without all this messing about using other parties to send my Kava? I feel so deflated after doing all this intense research and then getting hit in the face by these ridiculous companies.

Thanks in advance.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I sell kava in the UK as a pet supplement. If you go to my site at www.petsupplementseurope.eu and register than you will be able to see the bottom section which is anxiety supplements for pets. I have a good range of kavas at the moment but unfortunately not KWK micros as I can't import them either. I do have some very good quality instant kavas and plenty of different medium grinds. I also stock Fijian strainer bags and coconut shell bowls. Everything you need to keep your pet happy.

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
I feel so deflated after doing all this intense research and then getting hit in the face by these ridiculous companies.
I can understand your frustration but you really can't blame the kava vendors for this. The law is a UK one and it's UK Customs who seize the goods. The reason vendors are loath to ship there is because they've had too many instances of customers screwing them over by forcing through a refund despite it being UK Customs seizing the goods.
What you can try and do is offer to pay vendors via a method that can't be reversed, eg. wire transfer.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I can understand your frustration but you really can't blame the kava vendors for this. The law is a UK one and it's UK Customs who seize the goods. The reason vendors are loath to ship there is because they've had too many instances of customers screwing them over by forcing through a refund despite it being UK Customs seizing the goods.
What you can try and do is offer to pay vendors via a method that can't be reversed, eg. wire transfer.
bingo, it's not "ridiculous vendors" (Mike's a great guy, anything BUT ridiculous, and his kava is righteous righteous righteous). It's ridiculous government.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I want to buy micronized Kava (preferably the Pouni Ono from KWK). I live in the UK and went to order from KWK but I received an email from KWK saying I need to get the product sent to an American address then get it sent to my address in the UK.

I have had a quick look and the shipping prices are absolutely ridiculous. I refuse to pay for ANYTHING that shipping is more expensive than the item itself especially when I could be waiting a couple of weeks for the item to arrive. It’s just not practical for me and I can’t afford it.

Are there any trusted vendors out there that can ship direct to the UK without all this messing about using other parties to send my Kava? I feel so deflated after doing all this intense research and then getting hit in the face by these ridiculous companies.

Thanks in advance.
I feel for your frustration but it is not really the vendors fault that they don't want either (a) upset a customer when what they paid for gets seized by customs or (b) they have to lose money issuing a refund because it got seized by customs. Now if you would like to calm your pet alligator down, then Edward is probably the best way to get that monster under control. He has been a member on the forms for quite some time (so I would trust him for your ordering needs) and can likely help you with some options. He can also probably tell you how to help getting the law changed in the UK to something more reasonable.

SmokinJoe93

Kava Curious
Guys, I haven’t blamed the vendors. When I referred to ‘ridiculous companies’, I meant the company who would be shipping my Kava, sorry.

I have been in touch with Edward and I’m in the middle of trying to get the right strain for myself.

Cheers.