What's new

"Kava Standards", or "What will it take to convince Vendors???

muzzled dogg

Kava Curious
TK needs to establish itself as the Underwriters Laboratories safety certification of the Kava industry.

Maybe start charging a fee to consumers who support the cause. Use funds to publicize it's mission statement

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Deleted User you asked what is it going to take for some of these vendors to stop selling Tudei kava. Well I got an email from a top Kava scientist this morning and he told me that the US FDA has started seizing Tudei kava deliveries. So it has begun. Tudei will soon be hard to get or impossible and soon we will have some great quality kava. I hope that some of these vendors that sell Tudei kava will read this and see the benefit in stopping the selling of Tudei kava. Aloha.

Chris

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Deleted User you asked what is it going to take for some of these vendors to stop selling Tudei kava. Well I got an email from a top Kava scientist this morning and he told me that the US FDA has started seizing Tudei kava deliveries. So it has begun. Tudei will soon be hard to get or impossible and soon we will have some great quality kava. I hope that some of these vendors that sell Tudei kava will read this and see the benefit in stopping the selling of Tudei kava. Aloha.

Chris

Wow! This is huge. I just hope that all of these tudei exports won't be redirected towards our little islands that are already flooded with poor quality kava from Fiji and Vanuatu

kavatester

Kava Curious
here is a question?
excactly what tests would we as consumers like to see?

if one had limitless testing resources what would we be testing for? here are some basics of what i mean
total kavalactone%
individual kavalactones percentage /chemotype
test for Chlorophyll /above ground plant material
test for flavokavains %
k/dhm ratio?
mold testing
heavy metals testing

anything else anyone can think of that should be on this list?
any comments on exactly what forms of testing would be most appropriate for each task?
what sort of testing would be best in each category if cost was no object?

verticity

I'm interested in things
here is a question?
excactly what tests would we as consumers like to see?

if one had limitless testing resources what would we be testing for? here are some basics of what i mean
total kavalactone%
individual kavalactones percentage /chemotype
test for Chlorophyll /above ground plant material
test for flavokavains %
k/dhm ratio?
mold testing
heavy metals testing

anything else anyone can think of that should be on this list?
any comments on exactly what forms of testing would be most appropriate for each task?
what sort of testing would be best in each category if cost was no object?
Flavokavain/Kavalactone ratio to distinguish noble from tudei, and detect adulterated noble. This can be done with HPTLC or HPLC, but is not standardized yet.

If cost were really no object: complete genetic fingerprinting to identify cultivar & adulteration.