What's new

Kava started reducing me to chills with nausea and fever + Can I sell it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCrown2

So I tried some Kava Waka powder I bought from Wakacon on Amazon about a month ago. I prepared it traditionally with a strainer bag following directions and really enjoyed the calming effect. I bought 2 bags, one pound each thinking I'd use it all up...obviously.

Now when I have it, my body develops muscle aches, loss of all appetite, nausea, and fever that lasts a full day. It totally sucks. I've given it a long break and tried a few times again with the same thing. Now I can't even smell the stuff without feeling sick.

I have no clue what is causing this, but don't want to use it anymore. Does anyone know if there is a way to sell an unused/unopened bag of kava powder? Not really sure what's legal and what's not, but I hate to just throw money away when I know many people love this stuff. I sure did at one time. sigh

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
You can sell it right on here. There's a kava market link in the menu at the top.

Before you give up totally, you might consider trying a different kind of kava from one of the vendors on here, or even something like Kalm with Kava so you can have something without the taste or smell of kava. Kavas on Amazon are notoriously unreliable.

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
So I tried some Kava Waka powder I bought from Wakacon on Amazon about a month ago. I prepared it traditionally with a strainer bag following directions and really enjoyed the calming effect. I bought 2 bags, one pound each thinking I'd use it all up...obviously.

Now when I have it, my body develops muscle aches, loss of all appetite, nausea, and fever that lasts a full day. It totally sucks. I've given it a long break and tried a few times again with the same thing. Now I can't even smell the stuff without feeling sick.

I have no clue what is causing this, but don't want to use it anymore. Does anyone know if there is a way to sell an unused/unopened bag of kava powder? Not really sure what's legal and what's not, but I hate to just throw money away when I know many people love this stuff. I sure did at one time. sigh
That sounds like you had a nice dose of Tudei kava. Sorry, man.

@Deleted User (Garry) over at truekava.com works relentlessly to stop newcomers from feeling those effects, and there are a few vendors here that agree to not sell any tudei kava. I'm one of those vendors, and I'd love to offer a discount if you're interested in trying something that's been tested as 100% noble. I stand by my products and can tell you that the powders I sell won't produce those effects.

Here's the Cactus Kava sampler you might be interested in: http://cactuskava.com/product/ck-sampler

PM me for a discount code if you're interested!

-Morgan

RCrown2

That sounds like you had a nice dose of Tudei kava. Sorry, man.

@Deleted User (Garry) over at truekava.com works relentlessly to stop newcomers from feeling those effects, and there are a few vendors here that agree to not sell any tudei kava. I'm one of those vendors, and I'd love to offer a discount if you're interested in trying something that's been tested as 100% noble. I stand by my products and can tell you that the powders I sell won't produce those effects.

Here's the Cactus Kava sampler you might be interested in: http://cactuskava.com/product/ck-sampler

PM me for a discount code if you're interested!

-Morgan
Thanks a lot for the offer. I might take you up on it, but right now I get queasy just thinking about it. I did try micronized kava in a smaller dose to see if that would be any better, but I felt the same thing happen, only not as bad since I did very little.

I can't get over how great the first few sessions made me feel, and then WHAM, my body completely rejects it now! Anyway, thanks again!

RCrown2

You can sell it right on here. There's a kava market link in the menu at the top.

Before you give up totally, you might consider trying a different kind of kava from one of the vendors on here, or even something like Kalm with Kava so you can have something without the taste or smell of kava. Kavas on Amazon are notoriously unreliable.
Thanks for this, I totally missed the kava market tab. I tried micronized kava with the same effects happening, so not sure if would be good or not. I'm wondering if taking kava capsules would give me this same reaction too. Not sure I even want to test it!

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Thanks a lot for the offer. I might take you up on it, but right now I get queasy just thinking about it. I did try micronized kava in a smaller dose to see if that would be any better, but I felt the same thing happen, only not as bad since I did very little.

I can't get over how great the first few sessions made me feel, and then WHAM, my body completely rejects it now! Anyway, thanks again!
Where did you purchase your micronized from? If it was from a TrueKava vendor, you probably have some sort of allergy or something along those lines.

RCrown2

Where did you purchase your micronized from? If it was from a TrueKava vendor, you probably have some sort of allergy or something along those lines.
I got it from Kalm with Kava. Totally happy with the entire purchase process and they are a great vendor. The micronized is what I tried after the reaction to Kava Waka powder brewed the traditional way. But maybe I developed an allergy after the first few uses? Is that possible? I found one other person on reddit that had the same effect on their body, but everyone else seems stumped.

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
I got it from Kalm with Kava. Totally happy with the entire purchase process and they are a great vendor. The micronized is what I tried after the reaction to Kava Waka powder brewed the traditional way. But maybe I developed an allergy after the first few uses? Is that possible? I found one other person on reddit that had the same effect on their body, but everyone else seems stumped.
Yea, that seems weird. Mike over at Kalm is an exceptional vendor. Everything he puts out is super high quality, so I would place my bets on your body just not liking the stuff. :-(

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Yea, that seems weird. Mike over at Kalm is an exceptional vendor. Everything he puts out is super high quality, so I would place my bets on your body just not liking the stuff. :-(
Or some sort of interaction with something else he may be taking. Either way it totally sucks.

RCrown2

Very weird, and very sucky. I agree, Mike is a great guy and only has quality stuff, so my body just doesn't want me to relax I guess! I have some micronized kava from Kalm with Kava I'll have to post for sale too. *sigh*

kavagirl37

Kava Curious
I have had the exact same reaction. Sucks.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.