What's new

Kava strain/brand with the least hangover?

doogalas

Kava Curious
Last night I tried kalm with kava's boronguru (*7tbps) and I have suffered an all day can't get out of bed type of hangover. It is not worth the effects by far. I also mix with kanna and K@. I am sure that adds to the hangover. I am curious if any one on this forum has a recommendation of a strain and vendor with the lowest hangover side effects? Thanks in advance!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Last night I tried kalm with kava's boronguru (*7tbps) and I have suffered an all day can't get out of bed type of hangover. It is not worth the effects by far. I also mix with kanna and K@. I am sure that adds to the hangover. I am curious if any one on this forum has a recommendation of a strain and vendor with the lowest hangover side effects? Thanks in advance!
I’ve tried dozens of kavas, and even abused a few, but I never got a hangover. Not even sure what one is.

Mo'iety

Kava Enthusiast
A kava "hangover" is mostly just the tail end of the longest-lasting effects, plus possibly a bit of dehydration. Seems to be more common with heavy strains since the heavy effects generally last longer than heady ones.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

WaitingForGrogot

Kava Curious
Never had a hangover either, I'd only suggest that it's a hydration issue. Always have a glass of water sitting next to your shell and you should be fine in future.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
Never had a hangover either, I'd only suggest that it's a hydration issue. Always have a glass of water sitting next to your shell and you should be fine in future.
Ditto, never had a hangover but have had some heavy dehydration issues. Try kava by itself, the other stuff you’re adding maybe giving you your issues

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Mixing K@ and kava just sounds too harsh dude. I haven't tried kanna so can't speak to that. Both of those first two herbs are dehydrating in different ways. How can you even poop? Seriously.

doogalas

Kava Curious
Thanks for the replies. The hangovers I get from kava are about 1/2 that of alcohol. It mainly feels like I can't wake up and I am super sluggish. I deal with anxiety, so the plus side is that it kinda keeps that at bay while hungover LOL. Intrepidus_dux, I have no poopie issues currently LOL.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
If anything, it's the kana and kava mixed that would lengthen the sedating effects. Is there a reason you take all three at the same time?

A kava hangover is mainly residual sedation, stomach discomfort, etc. It isn't like an alcohol hangover. That's why people used to drink heavy kava earlier in the evening so it would wear off by morning. It's been a few years since we've had heavy kava strong enough to last into the next day. Back then kava was an amazing sleep aid.

@doogalas Try taking the kava by itself and see if it has the same effect. If it does, you may be exceptionally sensitive to the heavy KLs and if that's the case you just need to drink less, drink earlier or switch to a more "heady" variety.

doogalas

Kava Curious
If anything, it's the kana and kava mixed that would lengthen the sedating effects. Is there a reason you take all three at the same time?

A kava hangover is mainly residual sedation, stomach discomfort, etc. It isn't like an alcohol hangover. That's why people used to drink heavy kava earlier in the evening so it would wear off by morning. It's been a few years since we've had heavy kava strong enough to last into the next day. Back then kava was an amazing sleep aid.

@doogalas Try taking the kava by itself and see if it has the same effect. If it does, you may be exceptionally sensitive to the heavy KLs and if that's the case you just need to drink less, drink earlier or switch to a more "heady" variety.
THANKS FOR THE TIPS! I don't know which kava is less sedating and more heady, but will look into it. I take all three because I like the effect :) Kindly, Dooooogalas!