What's new

Kava Success Stories

blindy107

Kava Lover
Hi Blindy, I hope you don't mind me hijacking your post! I noticed you said you'd been sober for a few years before starting Kava. I've been sober for a few years now, but am always looking for healthier alternatives! I wondered what your experience of Kava has been like since your last post? Do you think it's a good replacement for the booze? Best, Damien
Hey Damien. I feel like it's a healthier alternative. And safer. However, if im drinking it for the wrong reason it doesn't matter. The behavior is still there. I drank to escape myself but it made me a different person. I feel kava is an aid to who I already am.

For someone that drinks after work to unwind or relax then kava would probably be better alternative. For someone like me that was drinking to escape reality I feel learning to live without mind altering substance was a crucial first step. Now I have the ability or tools to step back and look at my behavior as it pertains to kava use. I can be accountable to others that have no problem telling me when I'm fucking up. It really just boils down to motive for me.

In summary: yes I think it's physically better for my body but if my mind isn't right it doesn't matter.

Damien Pearse

Kava Curious
Ok, so brief discussion is fine?
Hey Damien. I feel like it's a healthier alternative. And safer. However, if im drinking it for the wrong reason it doesn't matter. The behavior is still there. I drank to escape myself but it made me a different person. I feel kava is an aid to who I already am.

For someone that drinks after work to unwind or relax then kava would probably be better alternative. For someone like me that was drinking to escape reality I feel learning to live without mind altering substance was a crucial first step. Now I have the ability or tools to step back and look at my behavior as it pertains to kava use. I can be accountable to others that have no problem telling me when I'm fucking up. It really just boils down to motive for me.

In summary: yes I think it's physically better for my body but if my mind isn't right it doesn't matter.
Hi Blindy - that's a brilliant response - thank you. I get what you mean about motive. I guess I just feel like it's nice, on occasion, to change gear, especially after a hard day at work - and when I'm too lazy to meditate or go to a 12 step meeting. I just feel that I've kind of deserved it now and hope that the work I've done on myself will mean that I won't abuse the kava. To be honest I don't have much of a desire to get so out of it I escape reality altogether - I just fancy something that will take the edge of things, as I come to the end of an exhausting PhD!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi Blindy - that's a brilliant response - thank you. I get what you mean about motive. I guess I just feel like it's nice, on occasion, to change gear, especially after a hard day at work - and when I'm too lazy to meditate or go to a 12 step meeting. I just feel that I've kind of deserved it now and hope that the work I've done on myself will mean that I won't abuse the kava. To be honest I don't have much of a desire to get so out of it I escape reality altogether - I just fancy something that will take the edge of things, as I come to the end of an exhausting PhD!
Kava is for you.