What's new

Member Soapbox Kava success story - heading off cravings

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
Hey all, I'll try to keep this short, just wanted to share. In my first post on the forum I said I was a recently sober alcoholic. Well, I've drank a number of times since then, to excess on a couple occasions, but recently have buckled down with new resolve. My partner helps a lot, we live together, and she's a great motivation for me to not drink. However, when I'm away or she is away (i.e. when I'm alone), my willpower wavers. Kava helps immensely, when I have some, so I've been trying hard to keep it in stock so I always have a go-to.

So, recently I was traveling and had an opportunity to drink with some people. I had brought Kava with me, so I texted my partner and said "not gonna do it, I have my Kava and I'll stick to that." It was hard, because there was "no downside" to drinking (by that I mean, was close to the hotel, on my own, and had the night to sleep it off if I so chose - the obvious actual downside being the health detriment and potential hangover, and the trigger for me to continue drinking more). BUT, I had some dinner, took a tablespoon of Mo'i, and was able to hang out with the crowd. Once I was at the bar, I honestly didn't even have the temptation to drink. The idea of it was much stronger before I got there, but when I went there, and with the help of Kava and having accountability to someone I love, it worked out just fine.

Anyhow, don't want to be melodramatic about it, but I just wanted to say, if anyone reading this struggles with alcohol, it's been my experience that Kava actually erases most or all of my cravings. It's really extremely useful for heading off the desire to drink when it comes up. The times I have drank in the recent past were times where I forgot that simple fact. I forgot Kava was/is my friend and ally.

So, I hope this ramble made some sense. Just want to say thanks once again to everyone on this forum and especially to Chris at @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava for his wonderful Awa Mo'i - it's really been a godsend for me.

Bula! :)

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I am happy to hear that you're benefiting from the kava, I hear a lot about how the kava will help people with things like this, you're not the only one who uses kava to help curb the cravings, not only for alcohol but other cravings as well. I am happy that I could help provide top quality kava for you. Keep up the good work, aloha.

Chris