What's new

Kava ..Take One

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
Just downed my first shell of kava ..wasn't that bad ..wasn't that good ..the taste I mean ..using paradise premium Fijian waka ..instant numb tongue ..and that's about it so far ..how long should I wait for another shell ?

Skywalker

Kava Enthusiast
If this is your first kava experience, you won't feel much. Hit it hard for about a week, every day. About 5 shells a day and then you'll know what all the fuss is about. Getting over that reverse tolerance is crucial

CanAwa

Well I dunno ..I'm feeling heavy right now it's wierd ..how many tsp for 5 shells ?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
don't go too hard and fast in an attempt to feel it more today...or you might end up nauseous and let down...like skywalker said, it might not feel very special on your 1st few days...but if you drink a good steady amount for many days, it will become much clearer

D

Deactivated Account

Well I dunno ..I'm feeling heavy right now it's wierd ..how many tsp for 5 shells ?
I'd easily put a cup of powder in a ladies stocking (def not whilst she is wearing them) tie it off & work it into 600ml water, let it sit 20 mins & then kneed it well. You want the kava well worked into water so just the big bits are left in the stocking.

Just like a tea bag..it gets stronger the more it steeps & infuses.

Then I down the lot on an empty stomach in one hit. If it's good kava I can feel it in 2 mins.

CanAwa

Ya not too much effect other than feeling pretty mellow but on the upside I don't feel anything negative ..and on the last shell it actually didn't taste as bad as the first few

CanAwa

I used 5 heaping tbs for 3 cups of water and a half cup of milk ..is this ok ?

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
Thats what Im drinking right now, 1 shell and already feeling toasty.

This is my Fave!
Im also pretty seasoned "nothing compared to Nemo though" so I have some good reverse tollerances goin.
Ive also, in my oppinion perfected a way of making it, I think Im going to make detailed instructions, cause lately they are hittin me hard. Some serious Waka grade.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
yea..thats probably a good start. i personally think you could use less liquid. but 5 heaping tablespoons is a good amount for someone just starting...and waiting to feel it / get through reverse tolerance...

CanAwa

Thats what Im drinking right now, 1 shell and already feeling toasty.

This is my Fave!
Im also pretty seasoned "nothing compared to Nemo though" so I have some good reverse tollerances goin.
Ive also, in my oppinion perfected a way of making it, I think Im going to make detailed instructions, cause lately they are hittin me hard. Some serious Waka grade.
I'd love to hear of this method. The only reason I put milk in is because I heard It makes the kava more potent

CanAwa

yea..thats probably a good start. i personally think you could use less liquid. but 5 heaping tablespoons is a good amount for someone just starting...and waiting to feel it / get through reverse tolerance...
How much less liquid ?

endwatcher

My rule of thumb is 2 TBL's "heaping" per 1 cup liquid.I tried milk also, and didnt notice any potentiation of the effects.
I now use Sunflower Lecithin and notice a drastic increase in effects.
I also have a ritual of how I make it also, I will make some more tomarrow and get some pics, and start a new thread on it.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
probably two cups water...or one and 1/2 water + 1/2 milk ...if you want the milk in it.
I, for example, use 2 cups water and 8 or 9 tablespoons root most of the time. I tend to prefer less liquid...but i've kind of honed everything down to what works best for me over the years.

CanAwa

I see people using soy lecithin and all I think is gmo city and get turned off by the thought of it ..maybe I'll just stick to the water

CanAwa

My rule of thumb is 2 TBL's "heaping" per 1 cup liquid.I tried milk also, and didnt notice any potentiation of the effects.
I now use Sunflower Lecithin and notice a drastic increase in effects.
I also have a ritual of how I make it also, I will make some more tomarrow and get some pics, and start a new thread on it.
Pics would help

45rpm

I use the non-gmo soy lecithin granules from Amazon(NOW brand), and they work great. I felt pretty good the first few times I had kava as well, but wait til it really 'hits' you, I think you'll be a bit surprised. I was.

endwatcher

Kavanewb.

I know soy is GMO, tis the reason I went for Sawnson non GMO sunflower lecithin. "amazon has it"

I will get some pics marrow