What's new

Kava tolerance question

Krunked up Tong

Kava Enthusiast
Hi guys,

Lately when I've been drinking Kava, I've not been getting the effects that I was a year or so ago.

I am preparing my Kava with about 8 tablespoons with about 1 litre of water, with 2 washes, so 2 litres in total. I am feeling effects off it, but they're just not as strong as they used to be. I've taken a big break since I last used it, probably a couple of years.

I'm wondering is the Kava I'm currently using, just weaker than what I was using a couple of years ago (I was using Nakamal at homes WOW and Stone). Maybe I need more than 8 tbsp? I'm wondering if reverse tolerance has crept back in.

The thing is though, before I was using the strong batch a couple of years ago, I hadn't used Kava much previously to that either. So I'm not convinced it is reverse tolerance. I will try upping the dosage this week to see if I can figure out what's going on.

Cheers

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Hi guys,

Lately when I've been drinking Kava, I've not been getting the effects that I was a year or so ago.

I am preparing my Kava with about 8 tablespoons with about 1 litre of water, with 2 washes, so 2 litres in total. I am feeling effects off it, but they're just not as strong as they used to be. I've taken a big break since I last used it, probably a couple of years.

I'm wondering is the Kava I'm currently using, just weaker than what I was using a couple of years ago (I was using Nakamal at homes WOW and Stone). Maybe I need more than 8 tbsp? I'm wondering if reverse tolerance has crept back in.

The thing is though, before I was using the strong batch a couple of years ago, I hadn't used Kava much previously to that either. So I'm not convinced it is reverse tolerance. I will try upping the dosage this week to see if I can figure out what's going on.

Cheers
Definitely worth trying another cultivar. So many good ones available now.

Krunked up Tong

Kava Enthusiast
Update,

I upped my dose to 12 TBSP tonight, and I had really good results. Also, I used warm water for the extraction which I haven't done before, and I think this really helped.

After chilling my Kava in the fridge for an hour or so, I took a look at it, and I could really see the sediment visibly through the jug. I wasn't experiencing this previously. I have attached a picture of it to show you what it looks like. By the time I was about two thirds of my way through the grog I made, I was really feeling the effects. Very happy!

Bula :)

Attachments