What's new

Kava Tonga, best for daytime?

TrevC

Kava Enthusiast
Managed to snag a bag of Kavafied's Kava Tonga, which I've heard overwhelmingly positive things about, and am stoked to try it. I've already had a big lunch and was planning to wait until around 5pm to start preparing, but I noticed some have said it's a very heady/euphoric Kava (which I like), and that it's suited more for middle-of-the-day situations. Would this keep me awake? Should I just go for Kava Supreme tonight and save it for tomorrow?

Lastly, I want to get the most out of this one, as it's on the pricey side. Any preparation recommendations? I tend to use a minimum of 25 grams root powder, max of 40 grams, blended in 1.5 cups of warm water with milk/emulsifier, then kneaded for 15 minutes. On larger batches, do you split it, so you get more out of it or is there a more efficient way to extract the kavalactones? When I knead big batches, it takes a WHILE to get all the smooth oily "muddiness" down to coarse fibers I'm comfortable with discarding. (With these, though, I may save and freeze.)

Open to suggestions from veteran Kava drinkers!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
IMO Kava Tonga from Kavafied is good any time of the day or night. It is not especially strong. Nor is it weak, but it is not as strong or heavy as Supreme. They both taste really good but the Tongan is lighter, sweeter, more refreshing. Supreme is deeper, fuller and, well, stronger.