What's new

Kava use and etg/drug testing

jmasta

Hey There hope this isn't frowned upon. I have tried kava multiple times and found it not only to be quite enjoyable but I actually did not mind the taste! My question is if anyone has any information in regards to consumption of plain kava powder (not extract) and drug/etg testing. I will soon be subjected to drug testing and etg testing. If you are not familiar etg stands for ethyl glucuronide a metabolite produced from the metabolism of alcohol. This is used to detect if you have been drinking for up to 7 days. The general structure of kavalactone looks very dissimilar from that of ethyl glucuronide which leads me to believe that it will not cause false positives or be detected (as it would not be a structure of interest). If anyone has any other knowledge please feel free to let me know. If anyone has been through a duii diversion program and been subjected to etg and drug testing and consumed kava in non extract form please let me know. If I do choose to consume I will stay away from extracts as they could have been extracted with alcohol!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'm sure other more science-minded people will chime in, but to my knowledge kava has not provided a positive or false positive for any drug test panels. Also, if you do chose to consume extracts, just be sure you're buying supercritical CO2 extracted kava products.

Jake o Links

Krunkin with Sasquatch!
I have been etg tested. The answer to your question is " I dont REALLY know", but... etg is a matabolite of alcohol, so to my way of thinking no alcohol no failure. It bites because I had a tooth ache and some medicine, but the med had alcohol, so... I had to live with the pain until I could get some stuff without alcohol. I think etg is a bit evil. My authority supervisor failed to inform me of all the MANY products that can trigger it (a list about 3 pages long of personal and medical products). Fortunately I did my own research, but still man. My freedom was in jeapordy over lack of knowledge=SO not cool. Read up on etg and know what might put you behind bars. It is indeed a sad world where using too much hand sanitizer might get one's privelages revoked. be informed and be safe. "they" dont care if you werent drinking, "they" only care if you pass or fail the test.

R

Rookietwoshoes

Holy crap! What kind of world are we friggen living in? That just blows, man.