What's new

Kava when you have a fever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nils

Kava Curious
I've used kava when I had colds in the past but now I seem to have a pretty bad flu, got a fever of 99.3F. Would drinking kava be okay or a bad idea?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I'd skip it with the flu, mainly because it's a diuretic and you wouldn't want to lose any more water than necessary or upset your digestion more than it already will be. Stay hydrated and get well soon.

Nils

Kava Curious
What if I just make sure to drink a lot of fluids after? I'm mainly hoping this will help kill this sore throat for a bit with the numbing of kava.

And well, someone has to be a guinea pig for this type of situation. Maybe I will wake up without a fever tomorrow! I might just try it anyways.

EDIT: Just kidding! ;) My fever jumped to 101.7 so I think I'll pass on making myself a guinea pig.

Last edited:

kavalover

Outsider
Once when I had a soar throat, I stuck some root powder (rooty root powder, chief's jungle) under my lip and just let it soak. Totally numbed my mouth, throat, and lips to the point of what lidocaine can do. hehe. Not suggesting you try this with the flu, but it's an alternative to actually chugging shells.

D

Deactivated Account

I can have trouble chugging kava when im feeling like superman…let alone when im a few cylinders down.

Status
Not open for further replies.