What's new

Kava with the least amount of nausea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
Kavas all across the board make me very nauseous. Naturally, the stronger tasting ones like Stone and Supreme make me the sickest. I take 2 ginger pills, 2 Tums first. I use 2 Aluballs in the Alubottle, then filter the kava twice, and still get nauseous. I realize nausea is the nature of the beast with kava, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Ginger pills actually made me feel ill themselves. Have you tried mixing with more water, I find that helps for me. Other than that maybe lower the amount you are using and maybe space out your shells a bit more.

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
Ever since I started taking Zoloft, my tolerance went through the roof. I spent $75 at a kava bar, even to the point where the barista cut me off, and I barely felt anything. So if I space it out, I won’t feel anything. Thanks anyway though.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Have you tried Squanch yet? That one has less GI effects for me. Also the Fiji Fresh was good for that too, but I think he's out of stock at the moment.

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
Squanch made me pretty nauseous but I just signed up to be on the Fiji Fresh waiting list, so I will give that a try. Thanks a lot.

kavafan

I noticed that kava nausea was very similar to motion sickness so I tried Bonine (Meclizine 25mg) and it works great.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Kava is probably not a good option for you then, it seems your having an adverse reaction in the form of nausea from mixing the zoloft and kava.

That's my opinion only though.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Hm. To the extent that you have it now ?

It is possible your body simply doesnt react well to the neausa causing chemicals in kava. Since double straining doesn't help, the makas are not to blame. Since it was before zoloft. That is not to blame. And assumable you have tried many kinds so one kind is not to blame.

You may want to try a different anti anxiety agent such as fresh lemon balm tincture

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
I am noticing that I tend to need twice the amount of kava than before taking Zoloft to feel the same effect, so that is probably it. Thanks for helping me to realize this.

Just ordered some lemon balm pills from amazon, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.