What's new

Kavaguides?

Hermes

Kava Curious

Reputation of author Amiri Tasi, accuracy of article content? I am skeptical of every man's opinion since there can be commercial motivations that influence writers. Difficult to be otherwise. Internet is rife with 'reviews' that are actually advertorials.

Tasi mentions companies in some articles in his/her other articles. I kind of understand how investigative journalists have sold out. All my professional writer-friends complain that everybody now writes for free and the marketplace is international. Competition is so fierce. There is no money in it.

But there is money in promoting products. I know because a friend was paid to talk up products online. It is an industry. Nothing like usenet in 1985 of hobbyists exchanging ideas.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

Reputation of author Amiri Tasi, accuracy of article content? I am skeptical of every man's opinion since there can be commercial motivations that influence writers. Difficult to be otherwise. Internet is rife with 'reviews' that are actually advertorials.

Tasi mentions companies in some articles in his/her other articles. I kind of understand how investigative journalists have sold out. All my professional writer-friends complain that everybody now writes for free and the marketplace is international. Competition is so fierce. There is no money in it.

But there is money in promoting products. I know because a friend was paid to talk up products online. It is an industry. Nothing like usenet in 1985 of hobbyists exchanging ideas.
That whole site is advertorials. Some of our vendors here have been offered advance placement for being part of some affiliate program.