What's new

Koniak or weekend binge drink

brett123

Kava Curious
Dilemma have a kg of koniak have already previously consumed Solomon's wow extra all I'm guessing not Nobel got the koniak as healthier choice than 10+ beers plus chasers 2 x a week can't possibly be good for health haven't drank for 14 days in anticipation of new healthier weekend option now it appears to me to be a deadly option ?? :arghh::arghh: Is the general researched opinion taking in to account that lots of things in excess sugar, alcohol extra all have negative impact on liver so my choice binge > alcohol or koniak hummmmm ideally nether but I can't see this happening at this stage had phone call from mom this morning dad had suspected heart attack I need some sort of stress release this weekend ho hummmmm gahhhhhhhhhh

infraredz

BULA!
Aqueous extracts of noble kava have been shown to be completely safe. Yes, noble kava is a healthier option than drinking all that alcohol.

Just have some of your other kava...? I can't remember if Chief's jungle or Wow is the PNG kava, but I'm pretty sure that Wow isn't the PNG variety and most likely is noble and safe. According to my acetonic extraction through Lebot's quantitative test, I found Solomons to be noble.

brett123

Kava Curious
Thanks for both Your detailed answers and very knowledgable replies :) alas I have no other kava and even if I had the cash I couldn't wait another week of more I appreciate your honesty if i seem upset it just not what I wanted to hear if you get me arrrrrrrrgghhhh I was gonna get Melow melie from vanautu kava store I see why they supply test cert pdf on all there kava now :arghh: Thanks

infraredz

BULA!
I understand. I think that you could have a couple shells of Koniak today until you receive your other kava without falling over and dying.

While I am firmly against tudei kava, I'm not going to say that you will collapse and die of hepatic failure if you have a few shells of Koniak right now.

Hell, I got a 500g package of Koniak a while ago from another generous member and even after Lebot's videos, the FKB information, etc. came out, I still drank it.
Albeit, I don't like the effects of it, nor the obvious health risks so I used it as a "mixer" to put a tablespoon or two into my normal batch of kava. Granted, I never ordered Koniak again and don't see myself doing so but I think you get me point.

D

Deleted User01

Brett123. Chiefs Jungle is the other popular PNG but they are out of stock right now. I also have some Koniak and won't be reordering. I take it occasional and I mix it with another Kava. If you drink it responsibly (heh,heh, heh) you should be ok. For a guy a guy who pounds 10 beers and a few chasers, this might be a challenge (and I say that with all due respect). That being said, I never throw Kava away so put a little in your daily grog until it is gone. And please don't toss and wash it (God Bless your li'l ole soul). As a side note, I was disappointed to see Solomons on the list of islands that have no history of Kava drinking and therefore it too is now suspect. I have some of that in stock and I'm using it .... mixed with my Konaik! :eek:

P.S. Going 14 days without drinking is awesome. "You're a better man than I am Gunga Din." RK

infraredz

BULA!
Solomon's Island does have a noble variety of kava that is a genetic variant of Borogu according to a response from Lebot re: my qualitative tests (of which SI was tested).

"Also, the only P. methysticum cultivated in the Solomons, is as far as I know, Borogu (syn Borogoru) originating from Pentecost Island, Vanuatu."

brett123

Kava Curious
Toss and wash ? Is this skip the strainer and swallow the root ? I won't do this :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User01

I hope to goodness you are right. I hate to be gettin a "double dose of my baby's love" and find out my baby is trying to kill me. I may not be reordering either Koniak or Solomons in the near future. Anyway, I'm into the Hawaiian stuff for now. It has the same headiness as Solomons.

infraredz

BULA!
Yeah, toss and wash is just consuming the root material raw.

Doesn't sound pleasant does it (especially with the taste of Koniak)? :meh:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
....so my choice binge > alcohol or koniak....
Being a professional drinker (alcohol) myself and a relatively new Kava Konsumer, the answer for me is a no brainer. The Koniak!!! Science aside, I can definitely say that for me Kava (no matter which kind) is by far easier on my system (including my liver) than the alcohol.

If it makes you feel any better, I just (about 1/2 hour ago) made a nice huge batch of Koniak mixed with some Boroguru for tonight and the weekend (if any is leftover).

Don't Worry Be Happy!!! Bula

Kovet da Kava

Kava Curious
My lab tests totally support the Kava! I spent 5 days in February in the hospital. My ALT (SGBT) was over six hundred the day I checked into the hospital after drinking a 12 pack a day for about a year straight. The high end of normal is a 58 so I was 100 times over the high end of normal. One week after drinking kava and no alcohol I was down to 100. Three weeks on Kava with only drinking alcohol on Fridays I was down to a 52 and normal again. The only days I didn't drink Kava was the two days I drank alcohol. The ALT is part of the LIPASE test. In the weeks since I started drinking Kava my overall LIPASE test went from 548 (normal is 73 to 393) to a 247. I would add that I have been taking vitamins and eating better also.

brett123

Kava Curious
Thanks guys n girls for your comments kava didn't arrive anyways so couldn't drink it so had a 2ter bottle of water for sat night :) ahhhhh pleased with my choice now kava should be hear tomorrow or nxt day from look of tracking

This reminds me partly because of javamans battle comments thanks :happy: Of stopping smoking it gave me the biggest rush of my entire life when I stopped faced the choice smoke or not said no realised it was a battle I had to win . Else I could spend the rest of my life wanting to smoke but not smoking a living hell the fight had to be faced head on . And boy when it all clicked and I could feel the rage and the real fever building up I just said NO bam the biggest adrenaline type rush ever fantastic I could nt wait for the next big craving to smoke. just it never came no patches replacement therapy no cravings true freedom what a hit

D

Deleted User01

When I go out in the real world, I hear a lot of people complaining about their fight against addictions like smoking, the pain that is creeping up on them and so on. I like this Forum because the members are Proactive. They came here looking for solutions and they intend to do something about it. I know a guy who is overweigt, 63, and recently on blood pressure medicine. "Dude, lose some". Reply, "It's not that easy". Well it's damn easy for me if I have a gun pointing to my head and the result is early death. I think I could lose my appetite and find something to help me along the way. That's the difference between being proactive and not. Old Southern saying, "That dog has a lot of quit in him". My translation, that dog is NOT proactive.

brett123

Kava Curious
2 weeks of exercise healthy eating and no alcohol so far. think I'm starting to enjoy the fight 100kg + aiming for 90 - 85 kava will help come on postie

Ecto

Train by day, Kava by night....All day
As a recovering alcoholic whenever I have those nights where I am just totally craving a drink I say to myself "I'll only go to the liquor store after I drink a shell of Kava". I've never once gone. Kava completely kills any urge to drink alcohol for me. It's been a miracle for me in that sense.

Also, I can think of a million times I've woken up the morning after drinking booze and completely regreted it. Can't think of a single time I've thought that the morning after a Kava session :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User01

Honestly, if I had that one gene, I would be a raging alcoholic. You would be telling me, "Deleted User01, your alcoholism makes mine look less raging". But I know I have been drinking too much. I never would have thought that I would have Kava on the weekends instead of booze. And when I have wine or beer, I no longer have the urge to overdo it. Just enjoy the taste and the small buzz and be done with it. But it's more than that. I crave Kava because of the sleep. I also love hoping out of bed with no after effects from booze. I'm naturally gravitating toward Kava and and I see no reason to stop nature from taking its course.

brett123

Kava Curious
oh yes thats so true always regret alcohol i either don't drink enough and have grumbles or drink to much pay all the next day and if im honest there is a very small window of time when drinking that alcohol is enjoyable i don't like being drunk unable to use a computer or do basic tasks so for me the sweet spot is somewhere between starting drinking and being drunk :arghh: not worth the effort if i am truly honest with myself, or money, or the tole on the body, or wasting the whole next day .or worse