What's new

KWK Instant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
I just received some KWK Instant (THANK YOU!) and it will be my first instant, other than the famous nene which is horse tranquilizer to me! I know it's different for everyone but I would love it if you would share your own personal ratios. I am still in RT by the way!

thorildor

Kava Curious
You bought the drink?
If yes the taste is really awesome, seriously I never drank a beverage with a so amazing taste!

blindy107

Kava Lover
No. Not the drink. KWK is experimenting with a new instant root powder.

With instants I typically start small. Half cup to a cup of water and 1-3tsp of instant. I mix it my shaker to prevent clumping then pour mini shells with it or chug it.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
No. Not the drink. KWK is experimenting with a new instant root powder.

With instants I typically start small. Half cup to a cup of water and 1-3tsp of instant. I mix it my shaker to prevent clumping then pour mini shells with it or chug it.
Thank you. I did four spaced out cups/gulps, 1 tsp each. I felt a beer buzz. (RT) I woke up feeling like crap. I went and ate an epic hangover meal. I feel fine now. I will keep trying. FOR THE RECORD, I DON'T KNOW THAT I FELT LIKE CRAP BECAUSE OF KWK INSTANT. Kava is an experiment for me. I will try KWK instant next Friday. I can't try it when I have to wake up early.

@thorildor That's cool. I bet it's great. I probably want to premixed things though because of costs. I am kind of a frugalista. I would certainly try it once though if it was in the cooler at the 7-11. Were there any effects?

Last edited:

blindy107

Kava Lover
Are you referring to the concentrate ratio @Pacifico ? I usually make it a bit stronger than recommended 1:7. I do 1:4 myself.

The guava flavor is so wonderful at times I will just add an oz or 2 to a huge water bottle as a water flavoring like those mio things with a leetle something extra for fun.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
Are you referring to the concentrate ratio @Pacifico ? I usually make it a bit stronger than recommended 1:7. I do 1:4 myself.

The guava flavor is so wonderful at times I will just add an oz or 2 to a huge water bottle as a water flavoring like those mio things with a leetle something extra for fun.
Yeah that's right. It's nice to know the concentrations of others, even though it doesn't necessarily mean anything. I use Mio a lot, as well as Crystal Light and Kool-Aid drops. However, I am glad you just said guava. I just drank a can of guava juice at the Vietnamese place the other day and didn't even think about how it could go with guava. Now you have me thinking of other things I drink: Sugarcane juice, mango nectar, Coco Rico soda, limeade, grapefruit juice, Welch's grape... my childhood favorite but no.

blindy107

Kava Lover
I used mango nectar often when I was starting out @Pacifico. My fav combo was mango nectar, instant or micro kava, tiny bit of cinnamon. Really refreshing. I feel like I'm missing an ingredient. The recipe is floating around somewhere from last year.

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah that's right. It's nice to know the concentrations of others, even though it doesn't necessarily mean anything. I use Mio a lot, as well as Crystal Light and Kool-Aid drops. However, I am glad you just said guava. I just drank a can of guava juice at the Vietnamese place the other day and didn't even think about how it could go with guava. Now you have me thinking of other things I drink: Sugarcane juice, mango nectar, Coco Rico soda, limeade, grapefruit juice, Welch's grape... my childhood favorite but no.
I haven't tried it with grapefruit juice (although ruby red might be an exception), but lime and orange juices really do accentuate the kava taste, at least for me. Whenever I attempted to mix those I got some seriously nasty results.

tomkrat

Kava Enthusiast
do folks here mix with grapefruit juice? and if so, do you notice stronger or longer lasting effects? i know that grapefruit juice (and many other citrus fruits to a lesser extent) inhibit the production of some CYP enzymes in the liver thus slowing the metabolization of many alkaloids resulting in stronger, or longer duration of, effects.

verticity

I'm interested in things
do folks here mix with grapefruit juice? and if so, do you notice stronger or longer lasting effects? i know that grapefruit juice (and many other citrus fruits to a lesser extent) inhibit the production of some CYP enzymes in the liver thus slowing the metabolization of many alkaloids resulting in stronger, or longer duration of, effects.
That's an interesting question. I guess the question is if kava is metabolized by the exact same enzymes that are inhibited by grapefruit juice. (There are a bunch of different such enzymes)

Kavakaize

kavakaize
For the record I have been drinking Pouni Ono instant from KWK for weeks daily and feel great no adverse effects. Only happiness and decreased anxiety and super productive at work. Great on the go for daytime use.

Thanks Mike awesome stuff!

K

Kava Steve

So when is the instant going to be available to the general public?

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
I'd love to try this stuff out. I love the orange drink concentrate that they sell. One of my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.