What's new

I Love Kava Friday Last Friday on Earth

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
But they seem to "discover" water on Mars like every 6 months, seemingly forgetting all the previous times they discovered water... :alien::confused:
Do I think what's odd? Were you saying something about Mars? Didn't they just discover water there?
That what you said about re-discovery in the first post is odd. Don't you? (i.e. 'Ground Hog's Day' syndrome or the 'Edge of Tomorrow')

Last edited:

verticity

I'm interested in things
So, I am proud to announce that I have made a great scientific discovery. This morning, for the very first time, I discovered water in my bladder. There will be a press conference tomorrow morning, and I am writing a research grant proposal to study this strange new phenomenon. (y)

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
So, I am proud to announce that I have made a great scientific discovery. This morning, for the very first time, I discovered water in my bladder. There will be a press conference tomorrow morning, and I am writing a research grant proposal to study this strange new phenomenon. (y)
Hope you have a pot to piss in. ::uhhuhhz::

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Lol I really think it's cool that they may have discovered running water, it shows theirs alot more to Mars than we may have thought. Idk what but it's cool lol. And is a new discovery despite the old news that their was water underneath the surface

verticity

I'm interested in things
They have known for a long time that there is water on Mars; of course most of it is frozen because it is freaking cold there:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martian_polar_ice_caps
...The caps at both poles consist primarily of water ice...
In the recent discovery, they just found evidence for a tiny amount of briny water trickling down mountainsides, not like a flowing river or something (and not the actual water itself)...

Yet every other paragraph in the sensationalist articles covering this is something along the lines of "Water is one of the essential ingredients of life..." No shit Sherlock.

Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) is an essential ingredient of cake. Sodium bicarbonate comes from a mineral called trona, which is mined in Wyoming. but when then dig a new trona mina, you don't see a plethora of articles about the possibility of subterranean birthday cakes.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
They have known for a long time that there is water on Mars; of course most of it is frozen because it is freaking cold there:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martian_polar_ice_caps

In the recent discovery, they just found evidence for a tiny amount of briny water trickling down mountainsides, not like a flowing river or something (and not the actual water itself)...

Yet every other paragraph in the sensationalist articles covering this is something along the lines of "Water is one of the essential ingredients of life..." No shit Sherlock.

Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) is an essential ingredient of cake. Sodium bicarbonate comes from a mineral called trona, which is mined in Wyoming. but when then dig a new trona mina, you don't see a plethora of articles about the possibility of subterranean birthday cakes.
Well you just managed to suck all the joy out of that press release. Thanks.....

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I've always thought that there had to be running water on Mars. The equator can get up to 70°F during the martian summer.