What's new

Kava Science Lebot explains simple qualitative type test in lab

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I just love this test, it works so well and it is easy so anyone can do it. I tested all my kava and I even got some Isa from a friend of mine and all of the kava I tested, the Tongan, Fijian, PNG, Samoan, Vanuatu and Hawaiian, they were all a nice golden color except the Isa.
This shows that it is the best way for anyone to see if they have a noble kava, there was a Fijian kava that I tested and I thought it would be darker because of the stomach discomfort I get with it, some Fijian kava is known to cause stomach aches a bit so I know from the chemotype that it is higher in DHM so that is why I thought it might be darker but it was not, only the tuday kava from PNG called Isa.
Aloha

Chris

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Hi Andrew,

This is a great thread to put in the Kavapedia Digest.

If you don't mind, could you please edit the name of your thread and add the thread prefix of "Kava Science" from the drop-down list box?

That will put it in the Kavapedia.

Also to @infraredz, your post for methods and the pics are great, but I can't add a post to the Kavapedia Digest. Would it be possible for you to create a thread for it? When you give the thread a name add the prefix "Kava Science" and this will add to the Kavapedia Digest. Thanks!!!!
Thanks in advance
HeadHodge

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@HeadHodge Andrew and infraredz don't post too often, maybe you should copy them into a thread. I'm sure they won't mind.
Yeah I guess I could do that. Maybe instead I could talk Kapm to edit the thread for me. I don't feel comfortable messy with other peoples stuff, so it would be good if Kapm approved it and changed it.

infraredz

BULA!
Hey, I'm still around... Sometimes. But seriously, I'm going to end up being around a lot more and love the progress and movement of this forum

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Hey, I'm still around... Sometimes. But seriously, I'm going to end up being around a lot more and love the progress and movement of this forum
infra who?? :D

Just Kidding. It made it to the Kavapedia THANKS everyone!!!

Oh and thanks for the tag name recommendations.

infraredz

BULA!
I have abandoned the idea that the solvent is responsible for the supernatant color.

Dr. Lebot- "I have observed the same variation in colors with other solvents, chloroform, hexane, methanol, ethanol, so I don't think that acetone is directly responsible for this"