What's new

Lets see your blenders!

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
I don't have a blender to share, but I'm hoping the blenders you guys share may help me decide what kind of blender I should buy.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Out of all the pictures so far, I like @Alia, I mean just look at the yellow kavalactone paste on the sides. :eek: I am gonna stop by your house later and get some of that kavalactone paste. :hungry: .
Actually, since I just had some fresh Boroguru flown direct from Vanuatu. I think I might bring some fresh root to use in your blender and we can just drink that and look in amazement at the extra thick kavalactone paste you got there. I have a nice big Mapulehu that I can harvest and donate to the fresh root cause. (y)
You guys can see now why we like fresh root, what you see in the picture is just after one use. :D.
Aloha nui loa.

Chris

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Recently got a Ninja for choppin’ up fresh root. Works like a champ, turns it all into particles within seconds. The old blenders I was using would over heat and get strands of root fibers wrapped around the blade. Mine hasn’t turned yellow yet, so instead I’ll post my strainer bag, next to a new strainer:
B3B029FC-4343-4E74-AF98-39E01DD357E5.jpeg

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Here is my Ninja 1500 W.
And I thought my ninja looked yellow and pasty... I notice the ginger root nearby. Do you blend it in with the kava much? I started blending it with mine (dry root) recently and it really does a lot to help with the taste.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
I've got some freezer makas I gotta take care of. Any advice on blender shopping and specs would be most appreciated.

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
And I thought my ninja looked yellow and pasty... I notice the ginger root nearby. Do you blend it in with the kava much? I started blending it with mine (dry root) recently and it really does a lot to help with the taste.
No, that fresh ginger is just a mainstay in our kitchen and my wife uses it when she cooks and she also makes a great ginger-drink.
But, I am of the old-school when it comes to 'awa beverage --just water and ground root/stump strained.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I grow mine and am not a Seller/Vendor just a farmer.
i think that's as close as it gets for the perfect lifestyle, if anywhere, Hawaii is as close as it gets within the US...maybe some day. :)

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Out of all the pictures so far, I like @Alia, I mean just look at the yellow kavalactone paste on the sides. :eek: I am gonna stop by your house later and get some of that kavalactone paste. :hungry: .
Actually, since I just had some fresh Boroguru flown direct from Vanuatu. I think I might bring some fresh root to use in your blender and we can just drink that and look in amazement at the extra thick kavalactone paste you got there. I have a nice big Mapulehu that I can harvest and donate to the fresh root cause. (y)
You guys can see now why we like fresh root, what you see in the picture is just after one use. :D.
Aloha nui loa.

Chris
I'm always glad when you get da kine from Vanuatu. Those guys are the epicenter of kava... no disrepect to the beautiful native Hawaiian cultivars.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I'm always glad when you get da kine from Vanuatu. Those guys are the epicenter of kava... no disrepect to the beautiful native Hawaiian cultivars.
I know what you mean, a good friend of mine was in Vanuatu and he brought me some fresh kava from one of the best nakamal's in Vanuatu. He froze it and on his way back, he stopped by Here and brought me some fresh Borogu drink.:hungry: It was at least 4 times stronger than the normal cup from a normal nakamal. :nailbiting: You have to make sure you are where you want to be, before drinking this stuff. Your legs will not work after a while. :happy:
Interesting effect, you know exactly what is going on and what you want to do, but the legs are no longer interested in what you want. :hilarious:
Aloha.

Chris