Change background image

Powdered Kava Review LEWENA POWDER

Discussion in 'Fiji Fresh Kava Product Reviews' started by Intrepidus_dux, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Intrepidus_dux

Intrepidus_dux Kava Enthusiast

I don't understand this kava at all. Maybe I just haven't 'learned' this one yet or it's just not for my particular chemistry. I would likely only recommend my light weight friends try it if they find the waka too heavy. The waka works far better for me.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    Krunʞy, HeadHodge and nashfire like this.
  2. nashfire

nashfire Stay Rooted

Just ordered the combo pack Lawena / waka may try a blend. Thanks for the review!
    Intrepidus_dux likes this.
  3. FijiFreshKava

FijiFreshKava www.fijifreshkava.com Kava Vendor

@Intrepidus_dux That's fair. Lewena is a hit-or-miss kava for people (with about a 10% hit rate). It doesn't have the immediate euphoria of a waka, or the immediate numbing sensation, but some people prefer it. I'm more of a fan of waka for evening consumption, but I know some Fijians who will drink lewena for longer sessions and they say it's a better overall experience than waka for them. I also will sometimes drink lewena in the morning and enjoy it, or just use it to blend with other kavas to modulate the taste, or drink it for a few days. But, yeah. It's very different than waka.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  4. Intrepidus_dux

Intrepidus_dux Kava Enthusiast

Yeah I was giggled to myself a bit because it’s the same kava, just the lawena version, yet the difference is huge for me. Nothing inherently wrong with it, but just not my thing. The taste is great, but the effects were “meh, where’s my waka to mix in?”
    nashfire likes this.
  5. HeadHodge

HeadHodge Kneads Kava

Thanks for the great review. Might be good blended?
    ::chugger::
    nashfire and Intrepidus_dux like this.