What's new

Listening to the kava - how quick does it 'kick' in? (Not RT)

nhoeg

Kava Manliness
After I have been drinking a fair share of kava the past 7 months, I am getting better at "listening to the kava" as @Deleted User suggests, which I think makes a lot of sense.
When I begin a session, I think I can feel a mild buzz and calmness almost immediately after I have washed it down the stomach. It may be placebo, but I get it all the time. It's like all of my system gets a flush of calming and sedating vibes immediately.

Does your effects also kick in like 5 minutes after consumption? (I'm not thinking full on krunk-effects here)

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
Yes 3-5 minutes after the first shell is about right - but it is a definite coming-on of effects with no mistake, and increases over the following 10 minutes or so.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
I don't feel it immediately, but 3-5 minutes, tops. Kavasseur Doug claims with some kavas the effect is almost immediate,
but I think that depends on your definition of immediate. To me, a few minutes is pretty immediate.

"It all depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is."

tomkrat

Kava Enthusiast
i like the way kavaseur and some other folks have put it; it's almost like the tongue numbing feeling transforms into the physical and mental effects. if i'm paying attention i can feel the effects wash over me as i notice my tongue getting numb. i've found that if i focus on the numbing sensation on my tongue the other effects come branching out of that awareness almost instantly. maybe that's just me though

August West

Kava Enthusiast
Even at work where it's bustling and noisy, I feel it within 3-5 minutes. It starts in the ears for me, followed by a sense of calmness. Thirdly, I get intraocular/cranial pressure. Everything sounds loud rather quickly for me. Honestly, it happens so fast sometimes that I'm scootin to the bathroom from my nerves.

nhoeg

Kava Manliness
i like the way kavaseur and some other folks have put it; it's almost like the tongue numbing feeling transforms into the physical and mental effects. if i'm paying attention i can feel the effects wash over me as i notice my tongue getting numb. i've found that if i focus on the numbing sensation on my tongue the other effects come branching out of that awareness almost instantly. maybe that's just me though
That is exactly how I feel it too. It all starts immediatly with numbing feeling in my mouth.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
About five minutes, though occasionally I feel it by the time I leave the kitchen and plop in the kava chamber or couch as some people call them.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Yeah it's relatively short compared to almost all other substances or supplements. It does seem to travel down from the mouth for men's well.