What's new

"Listening to the kava"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
You may have heard this term being tossed around. It's an old saying that goes back to traditional pacific knowledge on kava usage. In the Pacific their would be a shaman. Who would prepare the kava and we're known as "those who know how to use the kava" (rough translation most likley) what does this mean?
We know kava disinhibits the mouth, this effects is of an "anti social anxiety" type. In a sense that's how it is used day to day. There are always two sides/ if not three to plants. You have the medicinal usage. And you have plant teacher usage. Which when "abused" in a loose sense very loose can be Considered more recreational.
In this sub section of the forum we will be focusing on kava as a Plant Teacher.
Learning to listen to the kava. Beyond that there should be a HEAVY emphasis on humour. Jokes are excessivly welcomed. Kava enjoys humour .. this is apparent. Humour is the only true sign of wisdom, and a true shaman for those who may choose to seek one out for other Plant teachers (ayuasca, tobacco, pedro) never choose a serious shaman.

Back to the point hehe :)
This is not a place for religious discussion .. or belief systems. This is about meditation, kava, and human consciousness.

Last edited:

EQ

Atman
Spirituality is breaking from cultural values including religion, science, objectivism, relativism, the law, education, and every other set of ideology. The moment you melt the boundaries that limit thought, expectation, but ultimately life experience is when you can truely roam your mind. Once you immerse yourself to what is real you realize nobody really knows anything and that you are now living life how it was meant to.
Live for you!

Don't listen to the kava per say
Listen to yourself.

Kava can help you get in a good space and get in tune.

Last edited:

wanderingwoodsmith

Kava Enthusiast
Kava seems to be more reliable tool than religion, or any God can be IMHO. If I listen to the Kava, it speaks. Always. And I never have to wait very long. Kava tells me to slow down, dont think too much, look and listen. It exorcises my raging thoughts, and allows me to be aware of the present, the now. Kava also keeps speaking long after it leaves my system. It allows me to rewire my brain, my ways of thinking and reacting to day-to-day life.

Mesh

Kava Curious
Agreed. Imo Kava can and should be used as a tool to learn and better understand life. For example, Kava has helped teach me to laugh at life and myself in general, whether its for something stupid or something that would usually make me angry.

Mesh

Kava Curious
On another note, I occasionally catch myself talking to myself while krunk. The thought just occurred to me that maybe I'm actually talking to the Kava. umm.. Or I could just be crazy. :D

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Most likley hahaha or your talking to your self. Really no difference consciousness is listening. You are listening.
This happens to me as well and it's very enjoyable,
Talking to yourself being considered a mental disease is really talking about unconscious thoughts so rapid that theyre skip the mind and come out the mouth. The user not ever knowing what was said. This can happen being drunk . You talk to your self in the mirror or just mumble thoughts to yourself or more entertaining yell thoughts that come hahah.
This talking is conscious, choice full and joyful .. anything in that state is not a hindrance . May be weird bUT doesn't poullute the world with further negativit or unconsciousness so enjoy :) hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.