What's new

Little advice

Hi,
Started taking Kava last night. My goal is to get relieve for anxiety and help with sleep.
Last night I tried a Borogu kava root powder on an empty stomach. I got tuned down a little and even though it was about sleep time it did not make me make me sleepy. I mixed 2Tbsp to 8oz of water following the traditional method and after letting it steep for about 10 minutes I drank the mix. No problem cause I'm test trying this to see how I react to it since I'm a little different on how I react to things I take...I'm kind of in the ADHD spectrum.
So today I wanted to try something that would give me focus and a little energy etc. So I tried the same approach and this time I used the Pouni Ono powder. I felt it working on my for about two hours on a very empty stomach then had breakfast and took a dosage of st John's wort. Some time later I started yawning and getting very tired. I ended up having to lie down and I slept for over an hour.
Has anyone experience this from the Pouni Ono? I want to know if this reaction was due to me being new to the substance and need to work through it or if it reacts like this for some people. That way I have a better idea on how to proceed.
Thx

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Yes, Pouni Ono makes me sleepy. It is the only Kava Tonga I ever had which makes me sleepy. I thought I was the only one. I like it, it just makes me sleepy. And it is rare when kava has that effect on me.

Also, combining kava with St J wort will make you sleepy but probably not something you want to do often. If you were aiming for that I'd suggest kava with Valerian, though be sure you are cleared to take Valerian, as some people can't take it.

Thanks for the reply, it will help me in my quest.
I drank it again last night and although I didn't feel it the same way I did go to sleep some time later and was able to sleep well.
The one I'm using today, which initially I tried two nights ago thinking it would take me to sleep, is the borogu and it's being working really well for me along with the st. john's wort dosage.
Yes I like valerian root and I'll use it tonight. If it wasn't for how quick toleration builds up I'll use it every night. I can only use it here and there.
The St John's wort and the 5-htp have been doing ok without any interactions with kava. I need those to keep bad and uncontrolled thinking at bay these days.
I'm new to kava. Started using it this past wednesday night.
Cheers!

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Hi,
Started taking Kava last night. My goal is to get relieve for anxiety and help with sleep.
Last night I tried a Borogu kava root powder on an empty stomach. I got tuned down a little and even though it was about sleep time it did not make me make me sleepy. I mixed 2Tbsp to 8oz of water following the traditional method and after letting it steep for about 10 minutes I drank the mix. No problem cause I'm test trying this to see how I react to it since I'm a little different on how I react to things I take...I'm kind of in the ADHD spectrum.
So today I wanted to try something that would give me focus and a little energy etc. So I tried the same approach and this time I used the Pouni Ono powder. I felt it working on my for about two hours on a very empty stomach then had breakfast and took a dosage of st John's wort. Some time later I started yawning and getting very tired. I ended up having to lie down and I slept for over an hour.
Has anyone experience this from the Pouni Ono? I want to know if this reaction was due to me being new to the substance and need to work through it or if it reacts like this for some people. That way I have a better idea on how to proceed.
Thx
Do not mix st johns wort or any liver stressing items with kava. Keep drinking the kava and practicing your prep and timing. It helps but will likely never be perfect or consistent.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Yes, Pouni Ono makes me sleepy. It is the only Kava Tonga I ever had which makes me sleepy. I thought I was the only one. I like it, it just makes me sleepy. And it is rare when kava has that effect on me.

Also, combining kava with St J wort will make you sleepy but probably not something you want to do often. If you were aiming for that I'd suggest kava with Valerian, though be sure you are cleared to take Valerian, as some people can't take it.
Why can't some people take valerian?