What's new

Powdered Kava Review Loa Waka Fijian Kava

tribal1209

Kava Enthusiast
First review:: I can't believe how potent this stuff is. Prepared with linens I have to say it's overwhelming. I'm not sure I can move least I vomit. Goes straight to your head then swallows your body whole...it's too much, at least at the dosage and method I prepared it at. It's been 2 hours and I think I'm going to be ok but for heavens sake man, I was not expecting this. Heaven forbid someone be doing something stupid like driving or having to care for children or work or something.

I'm going to have another cup of peppermint tea and lay down but go easy on this Kava.

Edit:: Ok I tried this one at 1 tbs through a Nylon knee high and spaced the mixture over an hour. This was much more pleasant.
Final thoughts Edit:: Seems like 2 Tbs is the sweet spot for me. This kava may work great for some, and it's definitely potent....but doesn't seem to really agree with me. Out of the other strains I tried from Kalm this one gives me the most nausea. To me this seems like a very mental kava and whIle it has enjoyable aspects, the effects didn't really Wow me in terms of how they hit me. It's potent, but I enjoyed other kavas more. Give this one a shot though, you may love it.

Last edited:

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
One of my favourite roots, very potent, and yea it sends me out of this world.
How strong did you mix it? 4tbs to how much water and how far apart were you spacing shells?

tribal1209

Kava Enthusiast
It's now been 3 hours and the nausea is finally loosening its grip. I'm still pretty out of it. This kava hit me out of nowhere, and when it did the Kava face slammed me into the pavement. I'm 100% certain the nausea was simply a result of the dose I took. Holy cow man. I'm gonna make half the amount of kava and space out the shells a little more.

tribal1209

Kava Enthusiast
One of my favourite roots, very potent, and yea it sends me out of this world.
How strong did you mix it? 4tbs to how much water and how far apart were you spacing shells?
I never really measure the water. Just fill up a glass bowel with what looks like a decent amount. This was my first time using linens and I could tell instantly the mixture was much stronger looking than with a muslin bag. I drank the entire mixture within 20 min. It took it a sec to hit me, and when it did....It came out of nowhere. It kept getting stronger and stronger for the next hour and a half. There was a point when I could not get up or I would be overwhelmed by the effects and nausea.

No vomiting though! I should note as fun as it might sound to be grogged out of your skull its actually quite unpleasant. The entire experience was overshadowed by me trying not to vomit.

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
I never really measure the water. Just fill up a glass bowel with what looks like a decent amount. This was my first time using linens and I could tell instantly the mixture was much stronger looking than with a muslin bag. I drank the entire mixture within 20 min. It took it a sec to hit me, and when it did....It came out of nowhere. It kept getting stronger and stronger for the next hour and a half. There was a point when I could not get up or I would be overwhelmed by the effects and nausea.

No vomiting though! I should note as fun as it might sound to be grogged out of your skull its actually quite unpleasant. The entire experience was overshadowed by me trying not to vomit.
20 mins lol. That would make me nearly vomit as well. On weekends I'll drink 8tbs of this in 1litre water spaced over several hours and rarely get nauseated. Spacing is key.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
You probably got sick from prepping your kava in your bowels before drinking it rather than the kava itself