What's new

Location, Location, Location.

virgomoonjay

Kava Curious
Morning, All ::awesomesmiles::
Wasn't sure where this thread should be placed. If it should be moved, no offense taken, feel free to do so & continue to bear with me as I learn to navigate my way around my new little tribe's home, please :angelic Corrections are more than welcomed.

I've noticed while poking around that it seems the majority of the tribe are West Coasters. Mainly Cali. Some Southerners. I tend to lean towards the opinion that the WC is a little (or a lot) more.. eh.. what am I trying to say here.. ? Advanced? More.. evolved? Politically, "spiritually"... hmm.. okay - more "open". If that makes makes any sense. Sounds a bit bigoted - "Southerners are mannerly", "Californians are crunchy" and "Philadelphians & Jersey girls carry guns, snap their gum and call our Mobster uncles if we feel we've been disrespected".

Okay, so some of those have a little ring of truth to them. I've just found from the few connections I've had with WC dwellers that although commonalities can always be found, it's still a completely different culture. Point - although knowledge is slowly growing, I still find that not many here have even HEARD of Kava. I've also found WC Peoples to be much more... relaxed. More chill. While my neck of the woods seems to be so much more... tightly wound. Ha, maybe it's the kava (y) Making any sense here? Pre-kava hours for me, still ::winkeyz:: Not fully brain-ing yet.::confused2::

Any other snow-buried East Coasters from my neck of the woods? Right outside of Philly.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
There is a large Asian population residing on the west coast. To them WC stands for Water Closet. :wideyed:;)

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Now this is simply not true. I and many other members are from Texas, and we can tell you that Texas is better than everywhere else. If that's not true, then all these bumper stickers on people's trucks are lies, and I don't want to think that.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Now this is simply not true. I and many other members are from Texas, and we can tell you that Texas is better than everywhere else. If that's not true, then all these bumper stickers on people's trucks are lies, and I don't want to think that.
Go to any Texas based web site and you'll notice it gets redirected to sunny San Diego. :) ::urock2::::evillaugh2::

Introspect

Kava Curious
North Carolina here. We've had some record lows in my neck of the woods this week. Ice is still melting (when the sun hits it just right).

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I wonder what a query of kavaforums users locations, graphed anonymously via Google's Maps API would look like.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I've been thinking it's about time for another Kava Census. That's a good idea, I'll definitely do that. Actually since it sounds like you already know how to do that, would you be willing to do that after I get a list of locations?

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I've never used the Google Maps API, but I can sling JSON around. Yeah, I'll bite. If you get me a CSV list of locations, I'll massage it into something Google can ingest and see what comes of it.

violet

Do all things with love
I shoveled the driveway down and by the time I'd finished there was another two inches accumulated at the other end. Still snowing, and we're supposed to get some ice too. Eastern mid-atlantic, between Baltimore and DC. At least we haven't gotten it like the folks up in NE. Delightful kava drinking weather.

R

Rookietwoshoes

Very much so, I don't have a place there if that's what you're hinting at, but I could give you the tour, if you'll be the Tou'a
I'm completely comfortable with the fact that you are flirting, Precious , and I would strongly advise that you don't try to undermine my position.