Change background image

Look out Stagger Lee

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by StaggerLee, Dec 28, 2018.

1. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Member

I am very new to kava and was convinced I was going to go through a long stretch of reverse tolerance. I usually have a pretty strong tolerance to just about everything. With this in mind I purchased a AluBall and KWK somoan kava.
    My first attempt I had 4 tbs in cold water and felt relaxed but not what I was hoping for. My second attempt which was today I mixed 8 tbs into warm tap water. I'm not sure how much water I used I just filled bottle to the u on aluball first wash and little less for 2nd wash. Well something clicked whether it was overcoming a short stint of rt the increase of kava powder or warm water, I am totally happy with the space in time I am occupying at this moment. If this isn't the full effect of kava I don't need to feel it's full effect this is pretty much perfect. Now I just gotta figure out to afford this stuff.
  2. Krunkie McKrunkface

Krunkie McKrunkface Kava Enthusiast

Bula!

You can do a lot to bring costs down through efficiency. I do that but instead of saving more money I just use efficiency to drink more kava.
    NAMBATU likes this.
  3. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Member

I have seen your video on making mongrel grog and found it very informative. As a matter of fact I have my aluball makas in the freezer as we speak. I definitely Will have my ears open to suggestions on making kava go futher.
  4. Pauluk

Pauluk Kava Enthusiast

You might find after a few weeks that you dont need as much.
    Intrepidus_dux likes this.
  5. Plantacious

Plantacious Kava Enthusiast

Water temperature could have something to do with it.
    I have seen people here say that warm water is better, and I thought they meant only with traditional prep. But maybe warmer water is better with Aluball, as well ?
    My Aluball instructions always said to only use cold or room temp water, both for the kava and the cleaning, so I was always hesitant to put warm water in the Aluball, wondering what kind of adverse effects it might have, either on the kava or the Aluball ?
  6. NAMBATU

NAMBATU Kava Enthusiast

How many Aluballs are you using?
  7. Krunkie McKrunkface

Krunkie McKrunkface Kava Enthusiast

The instructions for the AluBall specifically say never to use anything but cold or room temperature water with the AluBall system. I assume warm or hot or boiling water would compromise the glue or leach chemicals or something?
  8. Intrepidus_dux

Intrepidus_dux Kava Enthusiast

Congratulations on getting those happy kava feels! ::chugger::