What's new

Looking for a real heady kava. Any suggestions?

Vethna

Hey all, I am a fairly new to kava. I bought a sampler form KWK and really enjoyed it. I got loa waka, vula waka, and Borogu. Borogu has been great for doing crafts or yard work. I really enjoyed loa waka headiness but not so much the sleepiness of it. I wanted to try and find something stronger and maybe with less body/heaviness. In an effort to save some money I am looking for recommendations? I plan to keep on with the samplers as money allows but in the mean time I am looking for a good Saturday night.

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
I'm no expert but the Tongan kavas don't induce sleepiness like the others. You might like BKH's Eua, it gets me pretty gung ho.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hey all, I am a fairly new to kava. I bought a sampler form KWK and really enjoyed it. I got loa waka, vula waka, and Borogu. Borogu has been great for doing crafts or yard work. I really enjoyed loa waka headiness but not so much the sleepiness of it. I wanted to try and find something stronger and maybe with less body/heaviness. In an effort to save some money I am looking for recommendations? I plan to keep on with the samplers as money allows but in the mean time I am looking for a good Saturday night.
GHK Moi or GHK Kumakua. Squanch Fijian waka or Lewena or a nice Tongan.
Welcome to KF!

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
N@H Solomon Island. Very clean on the acetone test. It's so heady that I typically blend it with other kavas. It's my go to pure energy kava.

PepperyPyrone

Mo'i is my absolute go to for daytime heady kavas. It's heady but it puts you in a really good mood. I actually had Mo'i blended with Mahakea today and that was a great pairing. Highly recommended.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I second moi and kumakua. Kula from BKH is a pretty good kava for the daytime in that it is quite mild but very pleasant. There are heady kavas that you have to be careful with because they can get you foggy. Kumakua is probably the ideal daytime kava, with moi being a little more floaty. Kula is kind of like its own thing. It doesn't sedate or stimulate me. It's just this little feeling of pleasure. It's almost completely in my mood and nothing else. Kumakua and moi can sometimes give me real energy and excitement. All 3 are wonderful choices for daytime.

Vethna

Thanks everyone for the great advice and the warm welcome. I know for sure I will get a bag of moi now! Due to the price I think it is the only one I can get atm. When I can I think I will get either a bag or Kumakua or getting another sampler.

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
Kava Time's Taveuni's Secret is a nice heady one as well as Squanch Figian Waka.

Chris1052

Kava Curious
Squanch Waka is very heady for me. It gets heavier if you drink too much but in moderation it gives me a good boost and pick me up. The taste on the other hand... :sick::sick::sick:

PepperyPyrone

Squanch Waka is very heady for me. It gets heavier if you drink too much but in moderation it gives me a good boost and pick me up. The taste on the other hand... :sick::sick::sick:
The new batch of Squanch waka is pretty smooth in comparison to the last batch !!!! The last batch was strong tasting because it was strong waka. @Squanch72 I think it has something to do with how they processed it this time, maybe taking more of the base root during grinding? Drinking it right now as a matter of fact. Bula!