What's new

Looking for a "Stone" replacement.

Afrokeys

Used to like Stone from N@H quite a bit.
Last experience gave a couple friends some cocaine-ish symptoms, and hit me pretty hard the next day.
What would you recommend for a Noble alternative??
Thanks

Slow Native

All the way!!
The kavafied kava supreme is very good imo. I have had stone before, long long ago but I very much enjoy the KS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slow Native

All the way!!
Finally ate it hard skim boardin the beach. Need some heavy body load kava now. lol I ain't as young as I once was, oww

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Odd timing, and Stone can't produce "cocaine-like" symptoms.

Stone is a Noble Kava, as advertised by Nakamal at Home.

Señor Chuggs

Friend of Kava
Used to like Stone from N@H quite a bit.
Last experience gave a couple friends some cocaine-ish symptoms, and hit me pretty hard the next day.
What would you recommend for a Noble alternative??
Thanks
The forum might be more helpful if we try describe kava's specific effects, especially if we draw a comparison with another drug or supplement.

I'd hate for comparison s like these to draw up assumptions in readers and potentially hurt the reputation of everyone's favorite root beverage. (y)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I'm kind of concerned when some folks draw a conclusion from a single experience with a particular kava, given the tremendous variabilty one can experience from a single kava, depending on quantity, mood, activity, liquid mixer, relation to food, presence of others, activities partaken in while drinking the kava, weather? etc etc I'd think one would want to drink a half pound or so of a particular kava (tudei excepted, it goes without saying) in a variety of circumstances before reaching any conclusions.

I assume it is possible to have a mediocre or even bad experience with any kava, no matter how good it is, given the right (or rather, wrong) set of circumstances. No?

Also, it seems to me that all kava is pretty much "good kava" except for the kava which is bad kava, which is what we really want to know about and beware of and the rest is down to personal taste and budget. No? Although naturally some good kava is better than other good kava.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I'm kind of concerned when some folks draw a conclusion from a single experience with a particular kava, given the tremendous variabilty one can experience from a single kava, depending on quantity, mood, activity, liquid mixer, relation to food, presence of others, activities partaken in while drinking the kava, weather? etc etc I'd think one would want to drink a half pound or so of a particular kava (tudei excepted, it goes without saying) in a variety of circumstances before reaching any conclusions.

I assume it is possible to have a mediocre or even bad experience with any kava, no matter how good it is, given the right (or rather, wrong) set of circumstances. No?

Also, it seems to me that all kava is pretty much "good kava" except for the kava which is bad kava, which is what we really want to know about and beware of and the rest is down to personal taste and budget. No? Although naturally some good kava is better than other good kava.
I'm glad you joined these forums, everything you say makes a lot of sense. Or maybe your talent for wording it right?

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I've been drinking Stone at the Nak in Boca Raton all weekend. It's certainly stronger than most Kavas. But it's Noble, and it's very high quality. If it's too strong for you, I'd suggest reverting to something weaker.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I've been drinking Stone at the Nak in Boca Raton all weekend. It's certainly stronger than most Kavas. But it's Noble, and it's very high quality. If it's too strong for you, I'd suggest reverting to something weaker.
I agree that some noble kavas are strong enough to give you next day effects but in this case hasn't it been tested and proven to be mixed with tud i?

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
Stone is a Noble Kava, as advertised by Nakamal at Home.
Stone is a brand of kava of unknown cultivar (or a blend of unknown cultivars). It is not subjected to testing by the vendor.
After numerous reports of tudei-like effects from the product known as Stone, a 3rd party test has confirmed that at least one batch of Stone kava sold over the past few months *was* indeed adulterated with tudei.

The vendor intends to ensure this doesn't happen again, and will be providing lab test results regularly. Until that time, I think it's more fair to say that any Stone kava you buy is marketed as noble but may be adulterated with tudei.

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
This whole episode has caused me to spend some time researching N@H kava selections, something I never cared about because they simply do not provide the public with laboratory proof of noble kava, which I think we deserve if we are going to buy the product and ingest it into our bodies everyday. It looks like Black Sand is their #1 seller and something I would love to try because its a lawena/waka blend of (from what I understand to be) Borogu, and most borogu "I think" is just lateral root. KWK Borogu was the first kava I tried and is always something I look forward to drinking when in the mood for that Borogu enchantment. More than anything, I am now simply confused at what people deem to be noble by taste and effects, and what is being reported via lab testing. I am a scientist so I must go by the data, but then there is that human nature side of me that wants to trust people who say "It's noble, I know this guy, or I know the grower, or he seemed like a nice guy . . ." We've all gotten a bad piece of candy from someone with a kind smile, or at least I have before, well it wasn't exactly candy. When I was a kid I couldn't eat my Halloween candy until everything was inspected by a parent, including apples for possible razor blades in them. Mostly every kava I drink has the TrueKava stamp on it or has been tested with noble proof (HPLC: FK/KL ratio; full chemotype; DHM/K) in another reputable lab. I really like what @Kava Time has done with their website in posting the analytical data for each and every kava they offer, and I would hope to see those numbers change over time as more batches from other locations come in with altering numbers or new products are added. And for the smaller vendors, it would be great to have a simple colorimetric test performed with some numbers shown on the website, or even a picture of a new acetone test for a new batch. I will say that as my kava journey broadens I'm finding myself wanting to try more and more unique kava varieties that we are seeing appear, albeit without noble data to back their true cultivar chemotype. My decisions at that point are being based on awards and reputable hearsay and reviews, but then again, Isa wins awards. Recent publications on the health safety of Flavokawain B and high DHM concentration kavas are simply showing the evolution of our understanding of these plants, which I see as a wonderful thing, along with new methods for rapid colorimetric detection of noble vs. tudei variants. Kava has a science that is gaining recognition and thus evolving. If there is a health community need to understand something, then there is usually grant money to be had. I often see people in the grocery store reading the nutritional facts prior to making a selection, and for me most of the time a decision between two products is based solely on the nutritional facts label and not the nice marketing logo on the front. Sorry I got to rambling, but I am basically wondering if there is something out there comparable to Black Sand in its effects that I could try until I have more substantial proof ?