What's new

Looking for daytime instant

tallguy

Kava Curious
I'm new to kava and I'm looking for an instant type that I can use during the day at work.
I would use it to take the edge of the anxiety that will be coming my way because I am trying to quit drinking alcohol.
I need to be fresh so I can perform my job functions. I have KWK Borogu but what I've read about this type is it somewhat sedating. I'll use this when I get home from work.
Any suggestions?

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
You could see how a very small amount affects you, to start with, while you look for a longer term solution (headier kava). Not aim for enough to kill the anxiety, but only knock it down a notch. I don't know enough about instants to make a solid recommendation. All kavas IMO have some degree of sedation/relaxation; as long as you keep the dose low and don't use something super heavy (I personally probably wouldn't use Kava Supreme at work: that stuff makes me LAZY). Based on the chemotype, I wouldn't be too scared to take a very small dose of borogu at work (but again, I've never had it).
It also depends on the kind of work you are doing: phone calls, calculating stuff, in-person service, manual labor etc. all require different kinds of energy.

I've found that I can sometimes take a dose of kava that I would be inclined to think was too little to matter, but after 45 minutes or so can tell its making a difference in a subtle way.

I'm sure others might have clearer recommendations for a heady instant with anxiolytic effects.

In the past, I would've recommend GHK Moi... But while I personally would still use Moi at work, it has been making much more sleepy than when I first tried it.
Medium Grind Kava Time Taveuni's Secret is nice and heady; but not instant...
I wonder what KWK Puoni Ono is like?? That comes in instant.
(Also, a lot of people speak well of Ozia's Kava Candy...)

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I'm new to kava and I'm looking for an instant type that I can use during the day at work.
I would use it to take the edge of the anxiety that will be coming my way because I am trying to quit drinking alcohol.
I need to be fresh so I can perform my job functions. I have KWK Borogu but what I've read about this type is it somewhat sedating. I'll use this when I get home from work.
Any suggestions?
Only three come to mind... M'oi from GHK, Pouni Ono from KWK and Instant Green from BKH.

tallguy

Kava Curious
@recentreturn, thank you for your thoughts.
Funny you should mention Borogu. I took my very first kava today and it was KWK Borogu. I started with one teaspoon. I experienced no response. I waited a half hour and had another teaspoon. Again I feel no different.
It could be the kavalactones will need to build up in my system. It could also be I don't really know what I'm doing.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
@recentreturn, thank you for your thoughts.
Funny you should mention Borogu. I took my very first kava today and it was KWK Borogu. I started with one teaspoon. I experienced no response. I waited a half hour and had another teaspoon. Again I feel no different.
It could be the kavalactones will need to build up in my system. It could also be I don't really know what I'm doing.
I think that is a pretty normal experience. A lot of people talk about a reverse tolerance experience that they have to drink kava every day for a few days to get through. 2 teaspoons is probably not a super high dose. Stick with it and give it some time.
The "feel" of kava is unique. I think it can also take a little time (or a few higher dose experiences) just to figure out what kava feels like.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
btw, I think Kava Supreme is a pretty strong kava that would be good to use to break through reverse tolerance (but in the evenings). Did you get a strainer bag of some sort? You will need to knead it.