What's new

Looking for Strong Kava

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I understand that ZetaWize KAVA is a proprietary mix made up of mostly Boroguru/melo melo/etc. While stronger than most there's no doubt that its the finest milled kava on the planet. Vanautu doesn't export tudei officially and the powder must therefore be of the NOBLE varieties. The KAVA Lounge use to serve this kava for years. If kava is too strong you generally dilute it more when making it up. This ZetaWize KAVA has its roots on in America for over 15 years and is one of the early providers of milled kava. Having said that, Different Stokes and different tastes comes with Kava. Solomon and Fiji brands generally are not the same culivars as Vanautu types which have higher kavalactones. Taste is on the tongue of the drinkeer!
Just to let you folks know, ZetaWise is a company that makes micronized kava by grinding it to a fine powder, the makas is also ground up in the powder. There kava is not a proprietary mix, it is just what ever kava they get from Vanuatu at the time they order it.
I have tested there kava a few years ago and it was good, I have not tested it recently but I do know that they have a good supplier in Vanuatu that they work with. This company started as Better living products USA and was owned by Don Ansly, he sold his business to ZetaWise and now they do it all. They actually used to get a Tongan kava but now they get Vanuatu kava.
They are a good company but they do store large amounts of kava, this give the kava more of a chance to get stale or moldy, I also do not like the nausea I get when I drink there root, I think it is the makas that they grind up into the powder.
I will get some of this root so that we can do a acetone test on it and see where it stands. I have to admit that I loved there kava when it was owned by Don and when they had there Tongan kava.
Also Gene, you said this---"Vanuatu doesn't export tudei officially and the powder must therefore be of the NOBLE varieties." This statement is not entirely true, while it is true that it is against the law to export Tudei kava in Vanuatu, it is a known fact that they do mix the Tudei kava with the Noble kava and then they export it. there is just not enough enforcement right now but that is changing and hopefully soon they will have mostly Noble if not 100% Noble kava coming out of Vanuatu, just like the good old days. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Aloha.

Chris