What's new

Looking for suggestions

KavaOkie

Kava Curious
Hey all, been a while since I have posted in here but I have a question for whomever can help. So just recently cane back to Kava and it’s been nice, however I am realizing that I prefer the uplifting kava over the heavy body kava. Recently, I have had 2 separate bags that I have ordered from Amazon. The first had more euphoria and overall wellbeing feel in Tikaram’s Tonga.
IMG_0951.jpeg

It’s available on amazon and has a great price point. It really puts me in a great mood. The second one is Wakacon Fijian Lawena, and it’s really all heavy body and does not give me any of the uplifting euphoria like the Tikaram’s. I mean don’t get me wrong it has its place, but I prefer the other.
IMG_0952.jpeg

This being said, I am looking for other kavas that are like the Tikaram’s kava tonga, and hopefully that a great buy. It went for about $24/ 1/2lb. The one thing I really like about the Wakacon fijian lawena is the bag. It closes really well and is resealable. The Tikaram’s is in a really cheap plastic bag that doesn’t seal after being opened.

Thanks for any help! Wooly Bully!

Last edited:

KavaOkie

Kava Curious
I just wanted to post a review of the Koa Kava Tonga that Krunkmeister suggested. I got it and had my first warm/hot water aluball shaker of it. This stuff is one of the best Kavas I have ever had. Definitely uplifting right away. Doesn’t seem to be heavy but has some body effects I am feeling now. Very euphoric, with a light taste. It’s more woody than dirty almost like a mixed scotch and water. This is definitely my new Kava. Hope this helps, and thanks Krunkmeister.

KavaOkie

Kava Curious
Update, not sure if it was the kava or not, but after the initial good body and heady euphoria, was having some bad effects. Started feeling let down and started having some soreness in my neck. I’m about to take another 2 tablespoon batch to see if it gets better, worse or the same.

KavaOkie

Kava Curious
Also, I do have to say the Koa does not stay with you the way the fijian lawena wakacon does. The initial dose of Koa Tongan comes on and is nice and gives a relaxing restful feeling that I have found pairs well with being in a hot tub. However, I must say that it disappears and does not hang around like the Fijian Wakacon does. Maybe that’s just one of the differences between the heavies and the headies. Either way have enjoyed all the kavas I have tried so far, but once again I can’t decide if I prefer the heavies or the headies more.

KavaOkie

Kava Curious
Koa is great, I'd also sugest manga ono kava. His may be the best deal out there especially if you go for the full kilo.
Ok so, I have had the manga ono kava twice now with almost no results. I had very nil effects to it. It’s almost imperceptible unfortunately. Also it came in just a regular plastic bag. No label, no design, no health info, just a clear plastic bag. Will not be ordering again. But thanks for the suggestion.

KavaOkie

Kava Curious
Ok so, I have had the manga ono kava twice now with almost no results. I had very nil effects to it. It’s almost imperceptible unfortunately. Also it came in just a regular plastic bag. No label, no design, no health info, just a clear plastic bag. Will not be ordering again. But thanks for the suggestion.
Had a little bit more now. It’s got a chill effect just takes a few to start to feel it. It’s actually nice. Has a little heady and a little heavy. Might have some in the future have to see where this goes.