What's new

Kava History Loss of a founding member. (HeadHodge)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
1698790595633.png

Bula to Eternity, HeadHodge, you crazy amazing man. Thank you for everything.
It is with heavy heart that I report one of the original founding members and moderators of kavaforums has passed away from medical complications related to spinal surgeries.

HeadHodge

Robert Hodge helped us all in the very beginning put everything together to start kavaforums. He helped us tweak things just the way we wanted them. He created the amazing shell rating system in the reviews. He did this all behind the scenes and then taught us how to use them. He was instrumental to the very beginnings of this website and group. We owe him massive gratitude. He will forever be a fixture of this site.

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
He will be our Admin forever, at least in memory. He was a great and funny guy, never took himself too seriously, it shows from his posts.
Bula to Eternity never seemed more appropriate.
I recall, fondly, some of his posts.
Very sorry to hear this news.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Nooo! He was one of my absolute favorites, many good memories joking around with him. He was smart, funny and had a certain youthful snarkiness & cleverness that I really vibed with. I DM'd him last year to check in on him and he said he was doing alright, but not drinking kava anymore. Sad to hear of his passing, but thankful to have known him in his final decade and experience the Head Hodge.
Shells in honor of Mr. Hodge tonight ::KavaChug::
(see ya in that big Bunga Bunga Room in the sky) ::awesomesmiles::

OzKava

The wonderful kava of Oz
Kava Vendor
Australian Importer
RIP HH. Your contributions were memorable, thoughtful, informative, even controversial sometimes. But they were always worthwhile and made with good intentions.