What's new

Making a kava syrup out of medium grind

Chocoholic

Kava Curious
i am new to kava. I started with medium grind GHK hanakapi ai and moi. I prepared it traditionally but mostly with Chris' boiling method. I got very nauseated and eventually gave up on kava. About 2 months later I discovered micronized. I ordered a micronized sample pack. Again had problems nausea and at 1 point facial swelling. Rather than give up, I decided to try the micronized syrup recipe and then straining - Jackpot! No nausea no allergies. I am finally able to enjoy this root. I pour out the syrup in 2 oz containers and then freeze. Each batch makes about 9 two ounce containers. When I want the kava I just take out a container, defrost and add it to some club sofa and lemon/fruit juice. I drink about 2 containers mixed with juice a session.

My question is, is there a way to make this syrup with medium grinds? It would certainly be a lot less expensive. Also, there are some varieties that aren't available as micronized.

I love this forums and appreciate all of the information and people very much.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Lol do what works for you...

But I agree that you should try medium grind made with regular luke warm water rather than boiling.

Honestly since you have to strain it at the end anyway I always wondered why medium wasn't used for the recipe anyway. I assume there's a reason.. but try it out!
I loved the few times I made micro syrup.. it was amazing in decaff coffee!

So pretty much yes you can use medium grind.

Haha sugar overdose for sure by the time your krunk huh? ;)
Haha I could go for some maple syrup right now :)