What's new

Micronized and Medium Grind Help

Kava4All

Kava Curious
Alraight so I've been using micronized since I started my kava journey and have had great results and the desired effects. I recently bought sample packs of medium grind and they are the same kava as I was using in the micronized version. I am not getting the effects that I was getting with the micronized. I dont know if my ratio is off or what. I do 1 tbsp of medium grind for every 3 tsp of micronized I was using. Is this ratio correct as far as matching them up? Help please.

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Also how many tablespoons do you all use in each session of medium grind?
With medium grind kava I use 40 grams. This works out to about 5-6 tablespoons per session. I mix my kava at a 10:1 ratio so it's an extremely strong grog, but most people use somewhere between 25-40 grams and usually with more water (300-900ml of water)

Kava4All

Kava Curious
Thank you kapmcrunk I think I was making it too weak. I'm going to try 5 or 6 tbsp this evening and I'll report back. I really hope i can find the medium grind sweet spot since only a couple vendors offer micronized.

Kava4All

Kava Curious
With medium grind kava I use 40 grams. This works out to about 5-6 tablespoons per session. I mix my kava at a 10:1 ratio so it's an extremely strong grog, but most people use somewhere between 25-40 grams and usually with more water (300-900ml of water)
I upped my dose to 5 tbsp and felt the effects a little less than micronized but quite close. Thank you for the advice I will try 6 next session.