What's new

Kava Preparation Micronized Blender Method

paniologirl

Sleep took awhile after that huge cup before bed. When it did, it was sweet and sound. Good news! I woke up without a back ache, bright, motivated, clear and energized. I have found the elixer of life! Making another batch today. Thanks again everyone!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Sleep took awhile after that huge cup before bed. When it did, it was sweet and sound. Good news! I woke up without a back ache, bright, motivated, clear and energized. I have found the elixer of life! Making another batch today. Thanks again everyone!
It's so great to hear other's story of how kava is helping them. Thanks for keeping us updated!

paniologirl

Thanks Kap'mKrunk - I think I drank it a little too close to bedtime last night - around 8:30. Had some wild and weird dreams. Brain was racing for about an hour after bed. Woke up again without a backache! This is an interesting journey!

Pat-Attack

Kava Curious
Ok Kavalot, the deed is done. I used 8 tablespoons of Micronized Hiwa, blended and strained, and I got a 16 oz bottle of Kava Syrup. It is really thick and gooey. I will mix it with something later today, club soda or ginger ale. I hope to have it around for 2 or 3 days so I made it extra strong. If this works out, then it could be the holy grail for those who have problems with a little fiber in their diet. This could make you a Kava Prep Legend. :D (if it works out .....)

For the record, I will be reviewing effects, taste, and color. That means I have to take some syrup without mixer.
why isn't mine coming out thick and gooey, it seems more like just water in terms of viscosity.... I can feel some sliminess in the bottom of the bowl, but no goo

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

Just to review, 8 tablespoons is 8 doses for me with about 22-24 oz of water. 3-4 days worth of kava. So the water needs to be at around 120 degrees when you blend and then it should drop to 113 or so when you strain. You have to really squeeze and knead to get all the "syrup" out of the bag. I think the warm water helps contribute to the viscosity. If you yield 1 16oz bottle it should indeed be syrupy or at least thick. You might want to tell us exactly how you did it.
No take that bag full of used Hiwa and run another 12-14 oz of water into it and knead and squeeze the heck out of it. That second wash should be pretty potent as well. When you are done, you should be left with a tiny ball in the bag the GHK Micronized kava has the macas removed "before processing" so there should be little if no hard fiber left in the bag.
P.S. You may be expecting something different because my definition of syrupy for kava is different than the definition of syrupy for other food groups. Put some of that slimy kava into some ginger ale or club soda with lime, mix it up, and tell us if you got good effects. Be sure to stir continuously because the kava does drop to the bottom. Good luck!

Spangle

Forgive me, I posted this same thing in error a minute ago . Getting the hang of it though. NottaSpammer.

Just to review, 8 tablespoons is 8 doses for me with about 22-24 oz of water. 3-4 days worth of kava. So the water needs to be at around 120 degrees when you blend and then it should drop to 113 or so when you strain. You have to really squeeze and knead to get all the "syrup" out of the bag. I think the warm water helps contribute to the viscosity. If you yield 1 16oz bottle it should indeed be syrupy or at least thick. You might want to tell us exactly how you did it.
No take that bag full of used Hiwa and run another 12-14 oz of water into it and knead and squeeze the heck out of it. That second wash should be pretty potent as well. When you are done, you should be left with a tiny ball in the bag the GHK Micronized kava has the macas removed "before processing" so there should be little if no hard fiber left in the bag.
P.S. You may be expecting something different because my definition of syrupy for kava is different than the definition of syrupy for other food groups. Put some of that slimy kava into some ginger ale or club soda with lime, mix it up, and tell us if you got good effects. Be sure to stir continuously because the kava does drop to the bottom. Good luck!

Ok
I officially have had kava 3 nights in a row. I may have done the overkill thing. This is my 4th day and I feel a bit like I am withdrawing from xanax or something. Actually have been grouchy. Keeping to myself because of it. (Weaned off my 4mg per day Xanax script 2 years ago thank God).

1st night
I made the syrup with 10 tblspoons of Kalm with Kava micronized Boroguru. I did not know what to expect. I drank it all. Blender method.
Effects:
I felt nothing as was to be expected my 1st time.

2nd night.
Kalm with Kava medium grind Boroguru. 12Tblspoons with 3 cups 130 degreef water, 1/4 cup half and half, blended for 3 minutes, strained, and mixed with grape juice and Ice. I drank it all.
Effects: Maaaybeeee but not enough to say "I FEEL IT".

Felt a little grouchy the 3rd day but that night ....
3rd night
8 Tblspoons KWK micronized Boroguru, rest of the bag of medium grind Boroguru (it was came in an sample pack from KWK I think it is 1/4 lb. It worked out to be about 4 Tblspoons give or take). 2 cups 130 degree water. 1/4 cup half and half. 1 Teaspoon coconut oil. Blender method. 2-1/2 to 3 mins. Strained. mixed with ice and grape juice. I drank it all from 8pm to midnight. I drink mine from a straw. All 3 nights kava was consumed over 3 hours on empty stomach.

Effects:
Well the grouchy went away. Did not feel like "WHOA" I'm in the couch or anything. Definitely more effects garnered than the previous nights.

Been feeling a bit grouchy again all day today. Should I skip tonight and pick it up again tomorrow?

Spangle

Pat-Attack

Kava Curious
update on my syrup straining post, so I was straining through Kavafied's 50 micron strainer and then even tried a muslin cloth bag from KWK with warm-hot to the touch, and had to squeeze a ton, but was getting a good amount of liquid, then I eventually switched to straining (into a separate container), through a double pantyhose and was getting muck/sludge, I stared both versions (the really watery stuff and the muck) in separate containers.
results:
watery liquid: ~14oz. , was very potent and lasted me all day with a nice euphoric feeling, it was the best experience with Kava so far.
sludge: `4oz. each time, I've tried it twice now, yesterday on a full stomach but several hours after I'd eaten(I know, bad idea due to lack of potency) and didn't feel anything, and this morning, where I maybe felt a little bit, maybe.
Trying aluball this time with 1 heaping tbsp, I'm curious if it'll achieve similar effects or will be mostly useless...

Last edited:

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
When I read some of these things I worry about what people are really looking for in Kava. I'm not being critical here, I'm just making an observation. Part of the ritual of drinking Kava is making it in a fairly laid-back kind of way, and being able to drink shells of cool, refreshing Kava. It isn't some kind of drug where you need to get every last kavalactone into your blood stream. Much of how you react to Kava has to do with your openness to it, and your state of mind and current energy levels and metabolism.

I would go AluBall any day over the methods described above. I have tried the heated water "sludge" method that @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava demoed and it was just so gross that it totally ruined whatever pleasure I was going to get. Now, that's just me. Other people might want to stretch out their powder as far as possible. But for me, the AluBall method is quite good enough to feel all the effects of any given Kava.

Pat-Attack

Kava Curious
When I read some of these things I worry about what people are really looking for in Kava. I'm not being critical here, I'm just making an observation. Part of the ritual of drinking Kava is making it in a fairly laid-back kind of way, and being able to drink shells of cool, refreshing Kava. It isn't some kind of drug where you need to get every last kavalactone into your blood stream. Much of how you react to Kava has to do with your openness to it, and your state of mind and current energy levels and metabolism.

I would go AluBall any day over the methods described above. I have tried the heated water "sludge" method that @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava demoed and it was just so gross that it totally ruined whatever pleasure I was going to get. Now, that's just me. Other people might want to stretch out their powder as far as possible. But for me, the AluBall method is quite good enough to feel all the effects of any given Kava.
I'd love to get to the point of enjoying every aspect of it (taste, texture, etc), but personally the reason I'm even trying this method is because I bought a ton of Mo'i from GHK and I get nausea from toss and washing, so I was looking at other methods of consuming it that might not give me nausea. Aluball is highly effective btw. also too, I really enjoy the heady Kavas as they lift my mood while also destressing me, which I get somewhat depressed when it just lifts my mood, I feel like I need to be worrying about something.