What's new

Micronized Pouni Ono questions...

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Hey guys,
So at the moment I'm finally sitting down enjoying my first taste of micro ever! :)
I ordered 4 ounces of pouno ono micronized...
My question is...How does micronized compare to med grind root powder?
I dont mean is it stronger by weight becsuse it obviously is lol..
I mean, how many tbsp of root powder is equal to 1 tsp of micronized?

Just trying to figure out a dosing system for micro...
If say every tbsp of root powder was equal to 1 tps of micro that would help me decide how far to push the micro in terms of the dose...
Anyone thats experienced with micronized have any thoughts on this?

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Ok well thats a start...
I added (2) tsp the micro pouno ino 6 ounces water...took a bit of stiring but came out nice and creamy in the end :)
Looks alot lighter in color then any kava I have had before! Almost like a light ice coffee...taste is damn good and creamy, slight mouth numbing as well...
I just finished it so we will see how it goes,
I usealy have about 2-3 tbsp of med grind pouno ono and I feel about the same from 2 tsp I would say...feels like some great stuff!

Kava Kava R us

\Bula/ As another shell goes down!
Kava Vendor
Ok well thats a start...
I added (2) tsp the micro pouno ino 6 ounces water...took a bit of stiring but came out nice and creamy in the end :)
Looks alot lighter in color then any kava I have had before! Almost like a light ice coffee...taste is damn good and creamy, slight mouth numbing as well...
I just finished it so we will see how it goes,
I usealy have about 2-3 tbsp of med grind pouno ono and I feel about the same from 2 tsp I would say...feels like some great stuff!
Hi Bradley,

I'd say you have the right Idea going.

Verticity,

2:1 is about right, with more punch & convenience by weight.

I would be willing to say by weight micro is stronger though, less is more.

I usually place 1-2 teaspoons in 4-8oz of water, and drink 1-3 cups depending on how relaxed i want to be & how many hours I stay up drinking Kava. :)

Mark.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Ok tried the micronized pouno ono last night! And it did not disappoint! :)
Used 2 tsps and 4 ounces of water, used a wire whisk to whisk it up nice, then do a quick stir and it was perfect!
The color is great, nice light tan color..taste is also great,
Taste is fairly smooth and creamy, even without using much water...
After about 10 minutes I could start to feel the micro, downed my shell/cup....waited 15 minutes,
And then made another shell! again 2 tsp to 4 ounces water and whisked,
I was really feeling the effects of the first shell by the time I was finally sitting down for the second! :)
It hit me hard and fast, then I downed the next shell and after waiting another 10-15 minutes I was in heaven!

Effects are amazing for the micro pouno ono! As Steve mentioned in his review, he had his strongest pouno ono session with
this micronized...as did I (y) ;)
This micronized is strong, and its velvety smooth...no problems what so ever in my belly,
This stuff is even headier then the reg grind pouno ono! After half hour and 4 tsps I was where I wanted to be!
Once your kava tells you "your good", I listen lol...
I dont have anything bad to say at all about this stuff, friggen amazing..
Will write up a "detailed" review in the coming week :)