What's new

Micronzed kavas, why so popular?

VictoriousSpoon

Kava Curious
Ive been seeing a recoccuring trend, of vendors being sold out on micronized kava,but having plentyl of instant and medium grind in stcok, what gives? Is micronized kava a seasonal thing only, ie only sold 3 months out of the year due to harvest schedules? What are the best monthst fo buy micronized?

Thanks

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
It’s not seasonal it’s just dependent on the amount of stock vs. the demand...and it takes some extra processing, so there’s usually less of it.

Some people prefer it for its simple preparation and because it’s slightly stronger per tablespoon. A lot of people don’t like it, because it’s more likely to create stomach issues, bring on dermopathy quicker and harder and sometimes leaves you feeling worse the next morning. (If you over do it)

VictoriousSpoon

Kava Curious
It’s not seasonal it’s just dependent on the amount of stock vs. the demand...and it takes some extra processing, so there’s usually less of it.

Some people prefer it for its simple preparation and because it’s slightly stronger per tablespoon. A lot of people don’t like it, because it’s more likely to create stomach issues, bring on dermopathy quicker and harder and sometimes leaves you feeling worse the next morning. (If you over do it)
Interesting. I think I prefer it so far, cos I haven't consumed kava long enough to experience any side effects. It's definitely more convenient for prep in a hurry. Never had any stomach issues with Kalm's instant micronized.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Also, why does it take so long for vendors to restock it, is it a very laborious process?
For micronized not much more laborious than medium grind - but it does take more grinding and/or sifting. Some vendors attempt to remove the makas as well which can take more labor. For instant the vendor has to make a water extraction and then dry it. So yes both methods are more labor intensive. While it is more convenient I don't know too many long term, daily kava users who don't used medium grind for the cost efficiency and lower levels of side effects.

OwenShang

Kava Curious
Yup, it isn't that easy. Stocking up takes time, definitely.

By the way, just in case anyone’s interested, my contact is selling a few wheel and tire packages. If anyone’s interested, feel free to PM me.

Last edited: