What's new

Mixology Megathread

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Just an idea I had kicking around. Thought I'd throw it out there and see if there's any traction or interest.

A subforum dedicated to just session reports. With emphasis on combinations?

Like last night, I did 1:2:1 ratio with Papa Kea : KavaBoy : Stone and it was excellent! I don't want to post a review of that combination in any of the review sections, and I don't necessarily want to clog the lounge with tons of variations on the same theme: "Here's what I drank tonight and what happened."

Maybe not a Mixology section as much as a "On the Menu Tonight" section? it might encourage people to post their kava session descriptions which would be interesting reading and also create a big backlog of kava experiences people could easily fish out and examine. And maybe even bolster the impression that 99.9% of kava sessions are all quite safe and pleasurable and prove that kava is not a destructive or addictive thing?

Just thought I'd throw this out there.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
The reason we don't have many subforums is because we did, and nobody really used them, so about 3 users would be having an awesome discussion in the 'Science of Kava' forum and nobody would see them. I can add a tag if you want, but I would suggest you start by just using a thread (this thread) to discuss mixes and see where it goes from there.

Steve Mariotti

Review Maestro
The reason we don't have many subforums is because we did, and nobody really used them, so about 3 users would be having an awesome discussion in the 'Science of Kava' forum and nobody would see them. I can add a tag if you want, but I would suggest you start by just using a thread (this thread) to discuss mixes and see where it goes from there.
I suspected I wasn't the first to have a bright idea in a kava-session flash of brilliance, only to see that this is already a well work trail.

No need to add a tag. I'll just post sessions when I feel like posting sessions. If it's too much, then you'll tell me.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Hell I will start! :)
Tonight is my very first night mixing kavas!
So tonight I chose KWK all the way, since 2 tbsp has got me where I want to be, more times then not...
I used 1 tbsp of Pouni Onu , and 1 tbsp of borongoru...
They mixed together great. Taste isnt bad at all either! :)
Used just 1 cup ice cold spring water, so far I find that I have the best effects from cold water, rather then warm or hot water....
Still drinking it now...starting to feel it already! Maybe I feel it so soon (10mins) because I just strain it over ice for the last strain,right into a cup...and drink it like that,
So ya, I will report back but seems promising!

Steve Mariotti

Review Maestro
I've done a KWK Supermix with Pouni and Borongoru before. I remember really liking that combination a lot.

Today was continued mixing experimentation. I did my second wash of the 1:2:1 Papa Kea : KavaBoy : Stone from last night, in 1 1/2 cups of water, and then 2 Tbsp. of Papa Kea in 1 1/2 cups of water, mixed together in my glass water bottle.

And then tonight I'm drinking Mahakea Micro. So far no stomach disruption with the GHK micro, and I'm happy to have some Mahakea on hand to try again. I found it unremarkable before, but perhaps tonight it will reveal itself to me.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
So how did you like the micro steve?
And I loved last night ! The pouni ono/borongoru worked magic together! Lol...
The effects seemed to stay pretty even in the body, although very heady of course :)
Also effects seemed to have lasted awhile longer.pretty much till I started falling asleep through "machine gun preacher" ...hadent seen it but was a pretty cool movie...
After about 3 hours I took 3-4 tokes of ehh "meds" and was hit with a strong stone! Much stronger then what I ever get from just cannabis alone...
Weird how the 2 herbs work together sometimes.
I still prefer to par-take in them at seperate times...

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
I like the idea of this thread. Lately i have been enjoying a 3:1 mix of stone and moi micro. (Since its ground root and micro im just estimating the ratio) Stone winds me down in the evening because i drink an unhealthy amount of caffeine throughout the day and moi to lift my spirits and for that extra heady kick. If i have stone by itself I tend to zone out and fall asleep to soon into my kava session. Also it could just be my imagination, but mixing my grog with micro seems to kickstart the effects rather than waiting 30 minutes.

Steve Mariotti

Review Maestro
Most importantly: how did your lower intestines like it?
Yeah! I liked the GHK micro. Zero stomach upset. It really IS the makas that tie me up in knots. I had zero stomach discomfort, whereas with Kava King and Kava Kava R Us, I had a small amount (totally acceptable amount.)

I noticed that the next morning, I woke up and felt "palsied" slightly. A very small tremor kind in my whole nervous system. It was all day kava drinking, followed by micro at night, so it's quite possible I hit a threshold and got shaky. It reminded me a bit of lithium, the feeling. It went away after I got my blood moving.

It was powerful (I think MORE powerful than the instant) and very clean. Not as chalky/gritty as I was thinking it would be. It's quite drinkable, though not as smooth as traditionally prepared.

I'm a fan! I'm going to try again tonight and see how I fare. The convenience is nuts.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I noticed that the next morning, I woke up and felt "palsied" slightly. A very small tremor kind in my whole nervous system. It was all day kava drinking, followed by micro at night, so it's quite possible I hit a threshold and got shaky. It reminded me a bit of lithium, the feeling. It went away after I got my blood moving.
I know what you mean, I sometimes get that shaky feeling when I have had a lot of kava. Probably not due to the fact that it was micro, but just having a lot of kava.

Steve Mariotti

Review Maestro
I'm really impressed that I had zero stomach discomfort with what amounts to toss and wash. Even strained at 55 microns I get twisty nethers when using medium grind. Makas must be like fiberglass to my system.

I'm so pleased!

Love the mild Hawaiian taste too.

Steve Mariotti

Review Maestro
Tonight was Mo'i. Got I want to say "MOY" I like that, but it's wrong. MOH-EE is more correct. I do love me some Mo'i.

Now I'm augmenting with a few kava candies, which sort of slows down the taper as it clears your system. It's kava helper. Or like booster rockets on the sides of a landing craft. Or something.

So happy with the GHK micronized. I can't wait to try it and start making combinations. I never thought I'd tolerate it.

D

Deleted User01

Why not develop shortened version of the review form? When I read about the mixes, I want to know about the effects too. @Steve Mariotti, glad the Micro is sitting well with you. The candy is convenient and so is micro.