What's new

MJ and Kava

Status
Not open for further replies.

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
As a aspiring Caregiver here in the great state of Michigan, Id like to ask anyone out there that uses Marijuana, if and what kind of synergy does Kava have with it?

I had to stop smoking a few years back due to some pretty harsh anxiety it was giving me "I think it was due to potent THC to CBD varietys being passed on over here"
And my Job requires me to be able to pass a test.
That being said, Im good at growing, did it for years when I did smoke.
Andthe type of Caregivers we have here are the "ghetto" type that dont take it a bit more serious.
Always pasiing on the same 25% THC varietys without the medicinal CBD's.

So I have decided to start again, and focus on the highly medicinal varietys; with LOW THC to HIGH CBD.

As a Naturopathic type, Id like to intergrate a few other things for ailments to compound treat.
Thats including Kava.
So, Im asking you guys what your exp. has been with the 2 combined.

FYI: If I could find a strain that made me feel like it used to......Id partake again, lol :joyful:

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
It has a really nice synergy IMO. They complemt each other very well, the kava adds a certain happiness, a nice sedation and accentuates muscle relaxing properties of canna. It also takes a lot of the edge off if you tend to get paranoid. Its also a lot to get down a nice thick muddy shell after medicating ;)

Akava

Kava Enthusiast
Canada is starting an all new MMJ program this april, so I'm considering trying it out but only going for pure CBD oil, 0% thc, 100% cbd
From what I've been reading CBD should work wonders for anxiety

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
I carry around a cbd tincture all day, no psychoactivity, but it is easily as effective against anxiety as xanax was for me, and sublingually the effects work just as fast or faster.

Akava

Kava Enthusiast
Ive heard of cbd tinctures being sold online, but apparently they lie about the ingredients and they are garbage? Unless yours is medical/street/homemade

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
Mine are homemade, I've never heard of online cbd tincture, but every dispensary I've been to carries at least one cbd tincture. If you are going to be a mmj patient I'd just go to the nearest place and try it out :)

Akava

Kava Enthusiast
That sounds really good, but I don't plan on being a MMJ patient for at least a year and a half for personal reasons,
Until then... CBT, Exercise and Kava

Akava

Kava Enthusiast
But could you explain what pure CBD feels like, I was having trouble finding good reports online. How effective is it? Whats it like?
@StinkWeed

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
It is extremely effective at taking the edge off of a bad day or being on the verge of panic. It doesn't feel like a high in the least, more of a subtle calmness that slowly creeps through your body and loosens up your muscles and eyelids. It doesn't necessarily make you tired and hungry either, of course that depends on how much you consume.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
It's a good synergy, and it definitely takes the edge off. The kava tends to take the lead, adding a slight "dreamy" aspect but also enhancing the medicinal potential of both. It really lets you see the more cerebral nature of some kava strains. Pairs well with Nambawan.:pompus:

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
Nice, answers
The do make hemp oil which has CBD, which I have read good reviews.
Akava, contrary to popular belief, MJ is a natural antipsychotic because of the CBD. Its those hybreds with unreal 20%+ THC to .001% CBD that are the bad ones.
CBD is almost like a natural counter on the THCs possible psychosis.

How about the added analgesic combo of the both?
StinkWeed, yea I know about Projct CBD, the CBD Crew have a new strain coming out on herbies that has a 1:2 ratio of THC to CBD making it realy medicinal here.
They also have a few others that are 1:1 and are nice medicinal.
There are a few people around here that dont truely want the hard psychoactive effects of MJ; so these are my best bet to start with.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hey guys. I hate to be the one that crashes the party, but we need to keep the discussion of other substances to a minimum. When google crawls the site to update its search servers they use an algorithm that can link kava and "other things" together. We want to keep kava as pristine as possible in the terms of association. Also I've moved this thread to the Off Topic Forum to prevent just that such a situation from forming. Our off topic forum isn't on googles read list, so anything in this form wont be cached and added to our profile.

I personally have no problem with the discussion of the medical benefits of other botanicals, but we just can't do that here since we're now the largest kava web forum. It's up to each and every one of us to do our best to keep the image of kava as squeaky clean as possible. Believe me, we've got plenty of people working against us in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.