What's new

Modified blend time using Nutri-Ninja ?

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
If someone typically uses a standard blender for 1-2 minutes, or on average 1 and a half minutes, then
switches to a Nutri-Ninja, about how long should it then be blended, to compensate for the much greater power ?

schatz

itchin for kava
I sometimes use my nutribullet and it is similiar to the nutrininja and I blend 4 one minute cycles with a couple minutes of rest in between and then filter. This works well for me because you should not run for more than aminute per instructions to prevent overheating. And when I am done with my 4 one minute cycles the temp of the kava is 120 degrees F, wich is optimal temp for the kava.

D

Deleted User01

A lot of people don't blend, only knead. But researchers in Hawaii came out with a paper that said doing both works better and as the optimal temp mentioned by Schatz.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I sometimes use my nutribullet and it is similiar to the nutrininja and I blend 4 one minute cycles with a couple minutes of rest in between and then filter. This works well for me because you should not run for more than aminute per instructions to prevent overheating. And when I am done with my 4 one minute cycles the temp of the kava is 120 degrees F, wich is optimal temp for the kava.
So, what exactly do you do with it, after your 4 one minute cycles ?
Do you strain it, knead it at all, or by this time does the Nutribullet liquify or emsulsify, if I'm using the correct term, and you just drink it right out of the super-blender ?

schatz

itchin for kava
So, what exactly do you do with it, after your 4 one minute cycles ?
Do you strain it, knead it at all, or by this time does the Nutribullet liquify or emsulsify, if I'm using the correct term, and you just drink it right out of the super-blender ?
I run my kava through my strainer first then drink a shell while doing a second wash and sometimes I do a third wash. I usually knead the kava on the second and third washes for 10 minutes or so. After blender, or nutribullet on the first wash I just strain it.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I run my kava through my strainer first then drink a shell while doing a second wash and sometimes I do a third wash. I usually knead the kava on the second and third washes for 10 minutes or so. After blender, or nutribullet on the first wash I just strain it.
Haha, I usually try to be efficient like that and drink my kava in one hand, while I'm shaking the Aluball in the other hand.
But the shaking on the right side of my body usually causes me to spill my kava, while attempting to drink it. Almost like a drool. @Kajsa Kavat
would understand ! Haha