Change background image

KAVA PRODUCT ALERT Molecule Botanicals - Enhanced Kava Root Extract (67.9mg KL / 400mg Phenibut)

Discussion in 'Kava Watchdog List' started by Kapmcrunk, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Kapmcrunk

Kapmcrunk The Kaptain of Crunk KavaForums Founder

Legit product warning here, kava lovers. Obscure vendor. One I hadn't heard of before, but it's pretty serious as a reddit user just recently posted that they had purchased a kava extract and discovered later after taking several capsules that it...wasn't.
    Reddit Link

phen02.jpg
    phen01.jpg

https://moleculebotanicals.com/prod...ty-relief-relaxation-and-calmness-20-capsules

Product Description:
    Here we have a product being sold under the guise of being a kava root extract, but yet is somehow enhanced.

What is the enhancement, you may ask? Well, it's phenibut. Oh, and 400mg of it. With a staggering 97mg of 70% kavalactone...paste...maybe powder? Who knows? I promise you have more mg of kavalactones in the strainer you used or your AluBall just sitting on the counter empty. In terms of kava effectiveness, it's inactive.

Sounds like they have a phenibut supplement with a dusting of kava mixed in.

Phenibut is highly habit forming, and causes some pretty rough withdrawals similar to benzodiazepines. In fact, from what I'm reading, they use benzos to get you off of phenibut. Great stuff.

This is what we mean when we say people will use kava's good name to push a slimey agenda. It needs to stop.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  2. Edward

Edward Aluballin' in the UK Kava Vendor

Good to get the word out there so that hopefully between here, reddit and wherever else they discuss kava the message will get out.
    npeden0 likes this.
  3. Krunʞy

Krunʞy . Admin

Never mind that Phenibut on it's own is not recommended to be taken more than 2-3 times a month, yet the directions on this product, suggests 1-3 capsules at bedtime.
  4. Kapmcrunk

Thank you for pointing that out.
  5. Edward

Edward Aluballin' in the UK Kava Vendor

Anyway, as if kava needs to be "enhanced" ...
    Krunʞy likes this.
  6. verticity

verticity I'm interested in things

That's some reprehensible bullshit right there.
  7. verticity

A case report:
    "A somatically healthy man in his mid-20s with a previous history of substance abuse took phenibut for 2 months. He noted tolerance development already after the first week and increased doses up to 20 g/day. Already a few hours after the last dose the patient started to experience subjective symptoms, at the third day of abstinence the patient started to hallucinate and the following day’s symptoms were aggravated with increased hallucinations and confusion. After treatment with benzodiazepines the psychosis resolved.

Conclusion: Phenibut withdrawal symptoms can become severe and have similarities to Baclofen, GHB, benzodiazepine and alcohol withdrawal."

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/14659891.2012.668261
    I am frankly astonished that this stuff is legal without a prescription, but in the US it is.
  8. ThePiper

ThePiper Kava Enthusiast

Yeah your right it's basically phenibut with a sip of kava on top. Ridiculous that they are marketing it as enhanced kava because 90% of the effects are going to be from the phenibut. Even the melatonin will be stronger than the kava. That's some bull right there.
  9. DharmaCoder

DharmaCoder Infinite Sea Lion

Given all the horror stories regarding phenibut out there, I really, really do not like that kava is being associated with it.

All it takes is one user who doesn't know any better and bam, kava is dragged in the spotlight unjustly. Not good.
  10. SelfBiasResistor

SelfBiasResistor Persist for Resistance!

I don't want to demonize phenibut because I used it for about a year with no negative results (and many positive) but it's very bad to see kava marketed with chemicals. All it will take is one bad product and suddenly kava will be under scrutiny by government entities. Very similar to what happened with another herb. From my personal experience, Phen and kava are not dangerous but the combo will induce sleep rapidly. Not good if someone uses it and tries to do something like drive. Fortunately this formula has a low dose of both. And yeah, pretty much all effects felt would certainly be from the phenibut...
  11. avahZ

avahZ YAHWEH Shalom

I currently use phenibut as an OCCASIONAL sleep aid as kava actually makes it harder for me to sleep. It is highly addictive and I would not recommend it to anyone one who has an addictive personality. This pill is as Trump would say, "very very bad it can cause yuge problems".
    YourOlePalAl likes this.
  12. verticity

Aside from misappropriating kava... this company's name gives molecules in general a bad name. Anyone who drinks H2O should be furious.
  13. Bula Kava House

Bula Kava House Portland, OR Kava Vendor

But it's Ultra Premium!!!
    YourOlePalAl, avahZ and Jerome like this.
  14. Kapmcrunk

**ENHANCE**
  15. npeden0

npeden0 New Member

16. Alia

Alia 'Awa Grower/Collector

I notice that when I did a search for "Molecule Botanicals Enhanced Kava Root Extract" the first item that shows up is this warning in the Kava Forums.
    Kava Product Alert. That is a good thing because it potentially will alert folks who want to learn about this product before (hopefully not) buying.
  17. kasa_balavu

kasa_balavu Yaqona Dina

A worrying anecdote posted in the /r/kratom subreddit yesterday from someone who consumed this product. From this thread.

[​IMG]
    Kapmcrunk likes this.
  18. Kapmcrunk

Thanks for posting this. It's good to know our product alerts stretch out pretty far. Sounds like this product is still seriously jacked if 3 pills can cause you to fall asleep while driving. I've personally never ever EVER had a kava pill that did anything more than a very mild krunk. 3 pill krunk? No, there's something bad in there.