What's new

most relaxing kava

Status
Not open for further replies.

WendyD

Kava Curious
Maybe you haven't tried it long enough? I think it can take many weeks for some. I am still a newbie and am learning how to do this right also but my experience was that I didn't feel any real noticeable effects for about 3 or 4 weeks. I also had some stomach issues so didn't make really strong stuff so that may be why. One thing that I did notice at first was that if I had a headache - it would go away with the kava and I would get sleepy. About 3 or 4 weeks after starting, I tried Wow! kava I noticed some buzzy (heady?) effects which were nice and I felt more calm/peaceful. I have had some Stone kava the whole time but didn't try it until a couple of days ago because I read it is for those that have more experience with Kava. I kneaded about 3 T in a 55 micron bag and got similar buzzy and calm effects as Wow! but a little stronger. I had the effects for about 1.5 hours or so, maybe longer. Unlike others, I didn't get the strong heavy effects. So maybe I am still not over the RI thing completely. The thing with Stone is that it bothered my stomach more than others, but I have only tried it twice so will give it more of a chance and maybe eat a bit more before I try it again. I may also get an even finer micron bag to see if that helps the stomach thing.

Pummeluff

Kava Enthusiast
This is so great that you want to help me :)

@WendyD Almost 2 months I drink kava daily and kava candy I also take
@perry I tried micro loa waka at first
@ThePiper I do not know exactly because I have no effect. But generally I need something really relaxing, because I am always so restless and nervous

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
@Pummeluff Without having read the whole thread - did you try Vula Waka from KalmWithKava? It's pretty relaxing and soothing for evening sessions ("vula" means "moon" in Fijian). For daytime use I'd recommend only taking small doses, because the Vula is more "heavy" than "heady". Just give it a try and see if it works for you.

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
This is so great that you want to help me :)

@WendyD Almost 2 months I drink kava daily and kava candy I also take
@perry I tried micro loa waka at first
@ThePiper I do not know exactly because I have no effect. But generally I need something really relaxing, because I am always so restless and nervous
Are you taking instant or medium grind? I would encourage you to way your doses in grams and find your sweet spot. If you aren't finding medium grind to be helpful then try instant. I take 7-10 grams of the instant. Also what you do after taking Kava is important, I put on some music and lay down in the yogic corpse pose and open myself up to the kava effects.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I would second the recommendation for vula waka from kalm with kava. Try a larger dose if you are getting no effect and keep at it for a few days.

Pummeluff

Kava Enthusiast
I currently take a short break of drinking. My anxiety is got worse. Could be the Mahakea the culprit? oO
And I have to take a new drug, because I'm so terribly uneasy and kava unfortunately does not help yet

Last edited:

Pummeluff

Kava Enthusiast
Now I had for the first time the hanakapi .. what am I to say? Yes, it is more potent than the other varieties. But from the feeling the same as always: this shallow body feeling for a short time

then nothing. bah!

Last edited:

Stan

Kava Curious
I had a period of time where if i stayed indoors i really didnt feel much and what was weird if i read a book or was on the computer i felt nothing. Id go outside and all of a sudden a wham or an irie feeling depending on the strain. Try this, drink some and in 30 mins go outside. Good luck, nerves stink. Try a book , hope and help for your nerves by claire weekes. Its dated but her writing is like shes talking to you. It didnt drasticslly change my life but it helped me look at my nervous problem differently. Good luck.

Stan

Kava Curious
Maybe you haven't tried it long enough? I think it can take many weeks for some. I am still a newbie and am learning how to do this right also but my experience was that I didn't feel any real noticeable effects for about 3 or 4 weeks. I also had some stomach issues so didn't make really strong stuff so that may be why. One thing that I did notice at first was that if I had a headache - it would go away with the kava and I would get sleepy. About 3 or 4 weeks after starting, I tried Wow! kava I noticed some buzzy (heady?) effects which were nice and I felt more calm/peaceful. I have had some Stone kava the whole time but didn't try it until a couple of days ago because I read it is for those that have more experience with Kava. I kneaded about 3 T in a 55 micron bag and got similar buzzy and calm effects as Wow! but a little stronger. I had the effects for about 1.5 hours or so, maybe longer. Unlike others, I didn't get the strong heavy effects. So maybe I am still not over the RI thing completely. The thing with Stone is that it bothered my stomach more than others, but I have only tried it twice so will give it more of a chance and maybe eat a bit more before I try it again. I may also get an even finer micron bag to see if that helps the stomach thing.
Try mckrunkies method of chasing it with ginger beer or ginger tea. If i take hefty dose on empty stomach its too much of a shock, food, ginger, radishes or in bad cases a tums helps alot. Something about a spicy radish really sorts out my stomach helps ya burp. Good luck.

Easter Thorn

Kava Curious
Just a few thoughts: 1) the blog could help do this through reviews, but keep a personal diary. I would focus on the pre and post emotions, what you took, and how. You may learn something about Kava's effects that you maybe missed during administration. Personally, I often take Kava when I need it - which puts pressure on the user and the Kava. Try it when you are at an OK place (hopefully you can get yourself 'up' with either exercise, meditation music, etc.) and see if Kava can help you ride that wave; starting with emotional dark water is also asking Kava to hit a homerun and maybe a single or a double is both positive enough and how Kava helps. But a diary used at the time of administration gives you a good snapshot, and you can add anything else you would like. 2) A lot of talk can be defining if it is often about raw feelings (and I have them too) without improvement, but a trusted person who knows you well can tell you if you seem any different. I use the simple 'do I seem any different'. I usually take the stance that I just often do not know if something is helping, but from what I am told (concerning Kava), I am less repetitive, less down, less focused on negative feelings etc. Or, make yourself a personal survey (since you do know you I'm sure), and ask tailored questions to record and compare pre and post. But do remember that no behavioral product is as effective as that product along with steps to help one understand how and why they feel how they do, and then learning to effectively employing strategies to improve those feelings along with gaining the confidence that comes with 'I am in control'. 3) I too can get sick from Kava if frankly I overdo it, or if I make it the way I find it to be the most medicinal - which is simply downing too much and without tight straining. But the nausea is by far more powerful of a mood changer than Kava. Once you are sick, it is hard to enjoy it, but I seem to have a clearer head. But that is simply because I am focusing on solely not tossing and washing my Kava along with my clothes. A sick stomach trumps a relieved brain for how a person feels. 4) I have indeed found that a weaker prep is good enough. You may not feel that relief-magic you seek (well, I seek), but you will still feel better and you will probably not feel as icky (which is really important). 5) Lastly, rather than being turned off to Kava forever, give it a break. You may find that the break reveals that no damage has been done with giving Kava a try, and maybe with the good advice from senior member user of this Forum, you can tweak the Kava usage where it does help and is tolerated well. But do not feel worse if Kava does not agree with you. It happens. Good luck with things, and I really mean it! If life was a bowl of cherries I think most Kava users would try the cherries.

Status
Not open for further replies.