What's new

My First Kava Comes In Today! Any suggestions?

Niko

Kava Curious
Just as the title says ::yay2::

My Kava cherry shall be popped today. I got some Stone Kava from N@H (fast shipping too!).

Any suggestions for a noob? I toss and wash other plants with no Issues (somewhat Iron stomach), but I will be making the Kava the traditional way. Planning on making a good sized pitcher of It and storing left overs In the fridge (maybe even some frozen Kava cubes!).

I stopped taking other plants a couple days ago so I could have the "pure" Kava experience. Just got some awesome meats from Omaha Steaks, so I plan on having a nice meal about 2 hours after my last shell. Sounds good? Anything you would suggest/add?

Unfortunately, my wooden bowl and coconut shells didn't ship as fast, so I will be using plastic bowls :cry:

I want to use It for nighttime, but will be taking It early so I can see how my body reacts to It the first time.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Don't be disappointed if you don't feel anything the first time, there may be reverse tolerance, or you may need to experiment to find the right dosage for you. Also don't drink it all at once. The general advice given here is to drink a shell (1 cup, 8 ounces) then wait 20 minutes or so to see how you feel before the next one, because it might take that long (or longer) to feel the full effect. Be patient and have fun!

Roaddog

Kava Who?
ha, to hell with the coconut shells, and the fancy wooden bowl. I own a few shells. But even I don't own a bowl. In my opinion. I would put 4 scoops of water, in a blender. Add water at around 130 degrees F, add about 2 cups. Next I would blend it a couple times, for 30 seconds or so. Then I would strain through a traditional Kava strainer, Or a handkerchief will also work. Strain your grog, and shug it. If this don't get you where you want to be, repeat the process, every 20 to 30 minutes. Much Love. Roaddog....

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
I use a hand thrown stoneware bowl (clay...something) and Japanese sake tumblers. Gotta do the coconut shell thing at least once though.

All sounds good to me, just don't try and drink the entire pitcher in one go depending on what you mean by " good sized pitcher". :sick: may ensue.